• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Maurice Lacroix

New Breitling arrival...

yep I like breitlings have one , is there a story to its purchase maurice?, I like a bit of back ground for peoples watch purchases?

late night drinking spree, dad had one , too good a deal to miss ?

deano

23 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

yep I like breitlings have one , is there a story to its purchase maurice?, I like a bit of back ground for peoples watch purchases?

late night drinking spree, dad had one , too good a deal to miss ?

deano

Hi Deano, no sentimental reason at all, I am a watch dealer and this was a customer return I fancied as I've just sold my Tag.

What are your thoughts on a gents watch being 39.5mm, is that too small?

cheers

Morris

• Like 1

ah watch sizes  now there is a question and there is a on going thread here abouts all about it !, for me size is personal preference , and how it sits on your wrist , as some 40mm wear bigger than other 40mm so, I don't think there is a too small size , my personal preference is 40- 42 MM , doubt if a 39.5 would put me off as can you really tell .5 MM difference visually?

cheers deano

25 minutes ago, Maurice Lacroix said:

Hi Deano, no sentimental reason at all, I am a watch dealer and this was a customer return I fancied as I've just sold my Tag.

What are your thoughts on a gents watch being 39.5mm, is that too small?

cheers

Morris

Sounds like the perfect size to me :)

Good size, good watch...suits your wrist I think.

Only negative is the lack of bracelet... the watch looks fine on a strap but just Breitling does bracelets so well its a shame to miss out.

Congrats.

10 hours ago, Maurice Lacroix said:

619DE19B-FAE6-434D-90EC-F1AEE1DC74FC_zps

Is there a reason why the 7 and 8 are in black rather than gold? Would prefer to see it on a bracelet but not a bad looking watch.

10 hours ago, richy176 said:

Is there a reason why the 7 and 8 are in black rather than gold? 

The angle of the light I'd assume.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy_G said:

The angle of the light I'd assume.

My thoughts when I spotted it.

Not my cup of tea but a nice looking watch :)

Hey nice purchase i actually have a super avenger 2 arabic grey i love it wife 30th present to me. I got lucky as i wanted a watch and one cane into the shop which were we are does not happen alot which is unfortunate as i am looking at dealing with a few watches like yourself. I do mostly gold and silver jewellery but do not deal or have much knowledge of watches but i am learning.

I purchased a subby yesterday . 

the sub i have is 40mm and looks small compared to watches being worn today even when i 1st laid eyes on it yesterday i was like wow that is small. But its very smart and is the size people wore  in 90.s

The breitling looks fine on your wrist also with breitling because they are normally a bulky type of watch you do not want it too big.