• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Advice: longines hydroconquest 39mm

Just wondering what people think about the hydroconquest as I am looking to add a dive watch to my small collection and not interested in homages.

Currently i have a tissot le locle powermatic 80 serving as a dress watch and a g-shock aviator serving as a general all purpose watch. Have recently got the craving for a tool watch diver and have settled on the longine hydroconquest.

Am aiming to swap the dress watch to a jlc ultra thin moonphase and the diver to a rolex sea dweller at some point over the next 5 years but the current collection will do for now.

Any pitfalls or no no's with the longines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know someone who had problems with one and ended up taking it back... though I would be careful in condemning them just on one persons experience. 

I quite like the look of the watch truth be told but I am not sure if it would be my choice, for less money I would check the Certina DSaction first and for a little more money I would be checking a wavey dialled Seamaster.    Like Velizark says Seiko might be a good option too Skx009 is a definite win for minimal dough.

Thanks for the speedy (no pun intended) replies. I have looked at the skx007/009 but the longines just looks a little more refined to me. No doubt all are excellent watches. Id probably go for a skx013 anyway (small wrists).

Was just a bit puzzled why I do not see the hydroconquest mentioned that much on any forum. Daveyboyz your experience may be the reason, are they not as reliable as the seikos?

A seamaster would surely be three times as much which while tempting as it is I would rather hold out and save for the eventual sea-dweller

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Arkham_insane said:

I would rather hold out and save for the eventual sea-dweller

Why would you pay more money for Sea-Dweller over Submariner?

Is it because of the cyclops or you are planning to go really deep :)

P.S. Not criticizing just curious :rolleyes: 

Seastar is an excellent suggestion thanks! Will check it out.

Pc magician thanks for the feedback very much valued, still my number one choice so far.

Velizark0 for me the sea-dweller is just more aesthetically pleasing with a much cleaner dial (including no cyclops which i personally do not like). Plus if i one day casually find myself at a depth of 610m ill be sorted.

The Hydroconquest is one of those watches that falls off the radar a little, but is generally held in high regard. For the price point - make sure you get a discount - it's represents great value. I was tempted by the black dial, red bezel model and my other half has the 39mm blue dial/bezel version. They are mentioned on forums and there's a few on here. I would happily own one and am waiting for my other half to donate her's to me! I think it's a great choice.

Edited by Caller.

i recently purchased the 41mm one & i like it a lot,i agree about the extender on the bracelet but as i dont wear a wet suit it wont ever be used.i also think it is good value for money,accuracy is excellent & for me is a keeper.

I bought a 39mm Hydroconquest for my son's 18th birthday last month. It's a bloody lovely watch with real heritage and you should really go for it. I honestly thought it blew everything else out of the water in the same price bracket. My only advice would be to find one with a decent discount - 20%+ seems pretty easy.

27 minutes ago, Arkham_insane said:

Velizark0 for me the sea-dweller is just more aesthetically pleasing with a much cleaner dial (including no cyclops which i personally do not like). Plus if i one day casually find myself at a depth of 610m ill be sorted.

Sea-dweller is a lot bigger/thicker than Hidroconquest or Submariner imagine how will be on your "small wrist" 

Just saying :)

3 minutes ago, Velizark0 said:

Sea-dweller is a lot bigger/thicker than Hidroconquest or Submariner imagine how will be on your "small wrist" 

Just saying :)

Depends on what he means by small wrist. Looks just fine on my 6.75" wrist :) it wears a lot smaller than the dimensions would suggest. 

I also prefer the look to it over the sub, the HEV on the sidelools cool :)

20 hours ago, reggie747 said:

I'm good with 39mm too. 

My quartz variant.

163131152.yUfvavn6.LonginesHCQ.jpg

love this version,not commonly seen at all. Great value watches.I had a black dial auto.The only annoying thing with all the models is their odd lug size