• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
GASHEAD

Perlon straps?

I'm interested in getting a Perlon strap for my Tudor Black Bay.  Can anyone recommend the best quality strap, i.e. for comfort etc? thanks.

Eulit are the most popular you can get them on eBay or watch gekho.  Personally I found little difference between them and cheaper ones from Italy for less money other than the buckles were much better quality I thought they were a bit too thick but on a larger/heavier watch it may work.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GASHEAD said:

Thanks guys.  Are the buckle removable and interchangeable with other standard buckles?

Not on mine.

PerlonBucklePol-01-800_1024x1024.jpg?v=1444300968

• Like 1

Thanks - looks like a standard buckle couldn't be fitted to the Perlon but the Tudor Black Bay buckle from the nato that comes with it could.

Guest davidbspalding

Another vote for Eulit. Word is, they're discontinuing their fine weave line, Kristall. Get those while ye can. They have a ladder style buckle that lets you adjust the length (and also vary where the buckle tongue goes, for more even wear). Finishing on both ends of the strap is far superior to the cheaper alternatives I've tried resulting in longer life.

Well worth the extra bob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the Eulit Palma Pacific has arrived - looks good but feels a bit scratchy on the wrist.  I've read elsewhere that it may soften over time - is this true and any way to hasten the softening process chaps?

Guest davidbspalding
So the Eulit Palma Pacific has arrived - looks good but feels a bit scratchy on the wrist.  I've read elsewhere that it may soften over time - is this true and any way to hasten the softening process chaps?

I haven't noticed that, but I only have their fine Kristall straps. They are a bit crisp and stiff when new. Not scratchy to me.

Try washing it gently in warm water with a touch of gentle soap (e.g. Dishwashing liquid, or Dr. Bronner's or similar castile soap). Rinse well. Pat dry with a towel, let dry for an hour or so. I do this after a few wearings in summer anyway.

If that doesn't work, repeat with a "moisturizing soap" like Camay, Dove, Oil of Olay.... Just a little. Rinse in tepid water, not warm, pat dry, yada yada.

\\ Sent from my mobile device //

Sorry, if you're in the UK i'm behind in the equivalent brand names.... :} I used to love NECA-7 soap from Israel, and Blue Peter aftershave from Ingasetter Ltd, Scotland. :(

[last post didn't show up, repost?]

Sorry, US brand names. If you're in Blighty, I'm behind in brands. Used to love Blue Peter aftershave from Ingasetter Ltd. :}