• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
PC-Magician

Posting Images A Problem

Just lately everytime I try and post an image using copy image, it fails to appear in the post.

Shows up fine while composing the post but dissapears when I hit the submit topic button.

imagejpeg

There are no errors on the forum, I've just copy and pasted a few images for testing. I cannot find a problem but will keep testing.

imagejpeg

14 minutes ago, Roy said:

There are no errors on the forum, I've just copy and pasted a few images for testing. I cannot find a problem but will keep testing.

Images not showing on my device ?

Not showing on my tablet, will have a look on the PC.

Edit: Just turned on the PC and they're not showing there either. However, some that I copied and pasted  a few days ago in another thread are still showing. Will do a 'copy image' now and see if it works. Is this blue Marine Master showing? It is at the moment on the PC.

Image result for Seiko Marine master

Not showing. I told you guys that there's a problem with copying photos from the internet and pasting them here. It started when the flags were introduced.

Weird I can see mine and Rogers fine, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Can a couple of you, that are having problems, copy and paste some images so I can see how they are embedding tomorrow whether they show for you or not.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Roy said:

Weird I can see mine and Rogers fine, I'll look into it tomorrow.

Can a couple of you, that are having problems, copy and paste some images so I can see how they are embedding tomorrow whether they show for you or not.

Copied off internet.

3095.jpg

Copied off forum gallery.

large.20170214_163403_kindlephoto-18045389.jpg.744b7cec2353b0a2cd8867ef816ef0ac.jpg

Everything o.k. this end.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

I can see both of Wrench's pics. I'm just going to paste in a screen shot that I've just uploaded to the gallery, showing Roy's post and the missing pics. This is the same on my tablet (Samsung Galaxy S2) and PC (both using Chrome browser, in case that's a factor). BTW, the blue Marine Master was a random 'copy image' from Google images.

large.Screenshot.png.f8bc421ad9c1c8ab1461de531fe33305.png  

• Like 1

Uploaded with postimg, just pasting the .jpeg URL 

IMAG0693_zpsntgs5hoh_edit_1475091515985.

Roy's post looks looks like Roger's screenshot, while gimli's post (if he posted a photo) has nothing but the message in it

Edited by hughlle
  • Like 1

My pictures were done on an iPad. I can see all the images except gimli's there is no image embeded in that post.

if i just copy and paste from tinternet then i get a message that i have tried to add an image with formatting - using the option to remove the formatting the image them disappears.

this is a fairly recent change - previously i could cut and paste without issue.

from windows 7 laptop using firefox

19 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

Copy and paste from the gallery no longer works, I have had to go back to photobucket.

Gallery images are easy, just select insert other media, existing attachment to insert gallery images. I'll look into the copy and paste problems.

I've just tried all the different methods, and they all seem to work for me. The following are all done on my PC, using Windows 10 and Chrome browser. Perhaps it's a tablet thing?........especially those fruit based ones....:tongue:

Posted using 'Insert other media' from the gallery.

large.Orca_1.png.77111aa9a12e16badc63c29696381d3d.png

Posted using 'copy image' from the gallery.

Sea Urchin on ice.

Posted using 'copy image' from Google Images.

Image result for flower

• Like 1

The software does not like IPads and copying and pasting from these devices will not work. Is anyone experiencing problems using a pc?