UK Watch Forum banner

Squale Owners Club

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Bricey 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Squale deserve their own thread.

Great heritage, but very much under the radar. Now owned by the Maggi family who used to be their original distributor when they were a case manufacturer for the likes of Blancpain.

Hodinkee give a great potted history of the brand in this link...

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/blood-in-the-water-water-in-its-blood-a-brief-history-of-squale

I have owned a few but currently only have one. This one's case was made to the exact spec of the issued Bund case that they made/supplied to Blancpain.

It was made exclusively for Gnomon Watches as one of several different designs offered to them for their Limited Edition (of 10) Opaco. This particular configuration, with the polished case and standard dial, never actually made it into production, as Gnomon picked a different dial for the polished case, and did another Opaco limited edition with blasted case finish and orange accented dial.

But this is a superbly made and, I think, stunning looking Dive watch in its own right.

d632278ca9ca0d816841166e15e9faf1.jpg

177d80e4081eeb1b9c12091934a89a51.jpg

cc4014e231ee252cc82a0a0f0767f9c8.jpg

See less See more
#2 ·
hi

I actually like the op watch , I like a splash of orange in the hands, & black dial, but

I am always reminded of this video as a bit of fun when I see the word squale , especially if you know of the urban gentry channel,

:laugh:

deano

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
Having said that, a blue 1521 wouldn't be a bad addition....
And as if by magic - that is to say the magic of a standard watch guy's lack of restraint, a mere 15 days after remarking the above, a blue 1521 arrived for me today...

IMG_20201111_140808

What a looker...

#14 ·

Does anyone have a Milanese strap? Just taken delivery of my Matic and the bracelet is VERY rigid. There's a bit of room on the underside of my wrist but it's crushing either side.. almost like the strap is a bit V shaped. Is this the norm?

I removed a couple of links. could this be the issue?

Ta

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.