• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alfie,he’s 16 this year and still acts like a puppy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was my best mate for 9 years, he checked out in Sept 2011, I have never got over it.  This feeling of overwhelming loss has prevented me getting another.

Too funny! Don't think it would work with this one either... How about a collective.... Awwwwwwwwww??

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
On 02/01/2020 at 21:32, Teg62x said:

At the emergency vets as Murphy has eaten a slice of Xmas cake! :mad0218:

FEB31-CCE-9262-481-E-9-A35-34-A927-B3053

£450-£500 for consultation and injection to make him sick and for blood tests! :(

How is he ?? 

I'm a bit surprised in his day Bill used to scoff all sorts including his fair share of Christmas cake. 

And Leo is the same, if I'm eating he gets a bit. Years ago my father had a rough collie and it never saw pet food all its life it just got what we got. 

6 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

How is he ?? 

I'm a bit surprised in his day Bill used to scoff all sorts including his fair share of Christmas cake. 

And Leo is the same, if I'm eating he gets a bit. Years ago my father had a rough collie and it never saw pet food all its life it just got what we got. 

He is ok, he has follow up blood tests on Monday. Just to check kidney function, but he is peeing and drinking normally so hopefully all good. It’s the grapes that do the damage! Causing irreversible kidney damage, but all dogs are different, vet says some dogs die after 2-3 grapes yet another dog can eat a whole bunch and not get sick. It was my fault as well , we had friends round and I cut up slices of clootie dumpling for everyone, then there was a slice left on the table that Murphy boy decided was his, and wolfed it down. just as well he is insured! 

• Like 1
On 04/01/2020 at 12:44, Teg62x said:

He is ok, he has follow up blood tests on Monday. Just to check kidney function, but he is peeing and drinking normally so hopefully all good. It’s the grapes that do the damage! Causing irreversible kidney damage, but all dogs are different, vet says some dogs die after 2-3 grapes yet another dog can eat a whole bunch and not get sick. It was my fault as well , we had friends round and I cut up slices of clootie dumpling for everyone, then there was a slice left on the table that Murphy boy decided was his, and wolfed it down. just as well he is insured! 

I didn't know about the grapes thing, I haven't heard of that before. But better being safe than sorry. 

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Dogs are.....a PITA sometimes if this clip that made the news is anything to go by...:laughing2dw:...."Fenton!"

No the animals are fine, it’s some owners who are a pain in the arse! If a dog is properly trained it will always be mans best friend. :yes:

• Thanks 1
On 04/01/2020 at 12:44, Teg62x said:

Grapes, raisins, currants are all bad for our best four legged friends.

I was in the vets last month getting our boy weighed and his inoculations done and on the list of non friendly dog treats was blue cheese:jawdrop1:

My boy loves Stilton, Blue Shropshire, Blue Vinny, Blacksticks blue, in fact any blue cheese that I love:laugh:

Give your dog our best wishes :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Well Murphy is ok! His follow up blood test from yesterday came back as all within normal levels, just need the insurance to pay out now.

62-F6-ED03-D8-AD-4-A1-B-A6-A7-7020-A2144

On 04/01/2020 at 12:37, BondandBigM said:

How is he ?? 

We were the same as kids, my gran had a wee westie that only got fed what we got. In fact my gran used to always bring up the time when I was just a toddler and she found me under the table with the dog both eating out the dogs dish!:laughing2dw:

• Haha 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's my new puppy, a cocker crossed with a beagle. She's called Kiki. She's been great so far. Have grown up with dogs all my life but never had my own. I finally have a little responsibility in my life!  She's turned my life upside down but she is worth it. 

2020-07-19_01-48-40

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Roxyben said:

Here's my new puppy, a cocker crossed with a beagle. She's called Kiki. She's been great so far. Have grown up with dogs all my life but never had my own. I finally have a little responsibility in my life!  She's turned my life upside down but she is worth it. 

Is she a Cockle or a Beaker? :biggrin:

Edited by Steve D UK
22 minutes ago, WickerBill said:

Well here’s my 2...half sisters 

9u58qLK.jpg

Tell you what, I could not show that to my mum, we had a dog, Kim, who was an absolute double of pale one.  He was a cross between a Blue Bedlington and a Poodle (I think), he was about knee high on an adult and an absolute bundle of joy.  I,ll see if I can dig any pictures out, they are all olde worlde prints.

• Like 1