• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Can you Identify this watch?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This hits the nail on the head ^   Unless I am missing something, the OP asked "Can you Identify this watch?" and he quickly got the answer.  It's a fake Omega Constellation.  Why has everyone got

This is the only rude comment imo

There's a good many things I don't like about the watch... firstly the look of the gold plating.   Omega is a quality brand anything plated is usually very thick plating or even slabs of gold, so I don't like the look of worn through plating.

Secondly I would expect the back to bare a similar design but actually embossed into it in 3d... like this.

159.jpg

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, Daveyboyz said:

There's a good many things I don't like about the watch... firstly the look of the gold plating.   Omega is a quality brand anything plated is usually very thick plating or even slabs of gold, so I don't like the look of worn through plating.

Secondly I would expect the back to bare a similar design but actually embossed into it in 3d... like this.

159.jpg

I'm not sure if if you intended your comment to be helpful or if you were being a dick.

• Like 2

Hang on a second, this guy is asking a genuine question about his DEAD grandfathers watch that he left him, and the first reply he gets is curt snobby and downright rude and then someone has the gall to tell op not to be insulting? "We don't talk to each other like that round here" ought to be directed @Daveyboyz

imho

• Like 1

I think everyone needs a bong rip, a 6 pack, and to just chill out.

I see nothing wrong with either post. Davey called it as he saw it. Craig didn't like the idea so he snapped back.

Now let's analyze the watch...

So, honestly, I know nothing about Omega, but it looks like it once probably looked pretty cool. Personally, I'd remove the bracelet (because, well let's face it, that thing's seen better days) slap it on a nice leather and wear the $h!T out of it!!!

It has a seventies vibe to me. Anyone else?

• Like 4

I am terribly sorry, I didn't realise that any criticism of this watch would be taken as a personal slight against its owner.  I better change my tack.

What a beautiful timepiece, it might well be unique since of the thousands of Omegas I have seen I never saw another made quite like it.  Its priceless... no doubt someone will pay you a 6 figure sum for your crown jewels.

I hope that leaves you more satisfied, I just thought the truth might be more useful to you.

• Like 5

I didn't perceive @Daveyboyz's comment as rude or arrogant or anything like that. He just said that he feels like it's a fake at first glance and, honestly, that's what I thought as well when I saw the face.

There have been several styles of casebacks and Omega has had a few of these flashy, blingy models as well, with diamonds and all sorts of stuff (usually ladies models) so I'm curious to see what others think.

Edited by gimli
  • Like 1

Similarly, I felt on this occasion @Daveyboyz response was reasonable & proportionate, if it didn't sit well with Craig's hopes he can always seek a professional appraisal.

Additionally, I also think this appears (from the image) a ladies model ?

I have handled many Constellations & on every one 'The Observatory' has always been in relief.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, gimli said:

I didn't perceive @Daveyboyz's comment as rude or arrogant or anything like that.

Me neither, nothing in his post was " curt snobby and downright rude  " at all that I can see, so it's a ridiculous statement. As far as I'm concerned he was just trying to let the OP down gently as the watch is obviously a fake and to be honest the " dead grandfather's watch" has been done to death here by people thinking they are going to make a fast buck and whom we never see again after they have got the free valuation that they are after..

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Bluestifford said:

Hang on a second, this guy is asking a genuine question about his DEAD grandfathers watch that he left him, and the first reply he gets is curt snobby and downright rude and then someone has the gall to tell op not to be insulting? "We don't talk to each other like that round here" ought to be directed @Daveyboyz

imho

Just saying some people go straight into potty mouth mode if they don't like what they hear, which aint ok,......and we don't do that on this forum

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Robden said:

Anyway, where's the "Hello" or the "help please"? 

Rob....

A very valid point.

3 minutes ago, Seikotherapy said:

It tickled me, started off quite polite then quickly descended into potty-mouthed insolence! :laugh:

We live in the Facebook and Twitter age. Would you expect anything less. Etiquette ? What the f#*k is that ?:laughing2dw:

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Bluestifford said:

I see absolutely nothing in daveys first post that alludes to said watch being fake. Where are you guys getting that from? Sorry I just don't get it. :bash:

Well, he pointed out the casebook isn't correct for a Connie and the worn plating isn't typical for an Omega. 

He didn't outright say it was a fake, your right there, but the inference is pretty clear I would have thought?

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Bluestifford said:

I see absolutely nothing in daveys first post that alludes to said watch being fake. Where are you guys getting that from? Sorry I just don't get it. :bash:

Seemed fairly obvious to me. He suggested that neither the gold or the case back look like that which you would find on a genuine omega. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Bluestifford said:

He mentions the gold plate and the engraved case back which is usually as he shown in his picture not as the OP's picture.

Whoops looks like we were all reading the same comment.

Edited by ZenArcade
Great minds think alike
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, jasonm said:

Well, he pointed out the casebook isn't correct for a Connie and the worn plating isn't typical for an Omega. 

He didn't outright say it was a fake, your right there, but the inference is pretty clear I would have thought?

Maybe, I didn't get that from what he said. To me it seemed the guy was asking about the watch, no mention of what it's worth or a valuation etc like most one time posters. Anyways I'm out of this now. Don't want to cause arguments or anything I just think it would have been easier for all if it was just said outright "I don't think it's real" 

peace. 

• Like 1