• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Audax Watches: Hunting Down the History

Always"watching"

• 4 months later...

I was delighted to find the original posting. I have my father's Audax Fortis wristwatch and have been trying to find out whatever I can about it. It is identical to the Audax Fortis illustrated as (pics from img1.etsystatic.com) with the same blue AR monogrammed case shown further down. I have always known my father wearing this watch and it would make sense that he must have bought it in the early 60s. It still runs and keeps good time despite not having been serviced for many, many years. Unfortunately, the rolled gold case is badly in need of restoration. The s/steel case back is marked in the centre FORTIS with a crown above and 6210 below. Around the edge the back reads "stainless steel back.swiss.waterproof.automatic.incabloc

I have oten wondered if this wristwatch is worth restoration.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pharmamike said:

I was delighted to find the original posting. I have my father's Audax Fortis wristwatch and have been trying to find out whatever I can about it. It is identical to the Audax Fortis illustrated as (pics from img1.etsystatic.com) with the same blue AR monogrammed case shown further down. I have always known my father wearing this watch and it would make sense that he must have bought it in the early 60s. It still runs and keeps good time despite not having been serviced for many, many years. Unfortunately, the rolled gold case is badly in need of restoration. The s/steel case back is marked in the centre FORTIS with a crown above and 6210 below. Around the edge the back reads "stainless steel back.swiss.waterproof.automatic.incabloc

I have oten wondered if this wristwatch is worth restoration.

Every watch is worth restoration.  Let's face it, you are not planning to sell it, so the value is moot.  A simple service exceeds the value of at least 20% of my watches, but I plan to do them all.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi. I recently came across your information whilst searching for AUDAX.

I have kept my late grandmothers rose gold watch in my top drawer for years, thought it about time to sell it perhaps?

I have the original rosa gold expandable bracelet. It appear that each link bears a hallmark?

On the watch face itself, there are two red fancy script initials?

I can't get a good photo in focus!

Wonder if anyone can help me to identify it?

Tia.

Julie

I was given this Audax watch in 1965 for my 12th birthday. It was bought at a jewellers and watchmakers in Arundel, West Sussex, which at the time sold a range of Audax / Fortis watches. Very fond of the watch after 55 years together, and I would like to get it restored and repaired. Can anyone suggest where I might do this? 

K16B53U.png

s4SkbY9.png

• Like 1

I’ve only just seen your response jet jetski. I agree on the servicing front and have my two Sewills Swiss watches regularly serviced. The “issue” with my father’s Audax is that I was estimated about £400 to restore the case! Which I thought was a bit steep. 

5 hours ago, pharmamike said:

I’ve only just seen your response jet jetski. I agree on the servicing front and have my two Sewills Swiss watches regularly serviced. The “issue” with my father’s Audax is that I was estimated about £400 to restore the case! Which I thought was a bit steep. 

It is a bit steep, have you tried searching the forum for 'restoration'?  There might be other recommendations.

• 2 months later...