• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Eco drive not charging

48 minutes ago, normdiaz said:

My Citizen Eco-Drive with the caliber E760 movement has been going strong since 2005.  Of course is has two power-saver modes.  My daughter's Reguno (Citizen sub brand) went from full stop to normal operation with under 3 hours under a table lamp.

I see your 2005 Eco-Drive and raise you my 1977 Citizen Crystron solar:teethsmile:. They weren't trying to hide the solar cells then and like most new innovations on the market over 40 years ago it was obviously over engineered....(not unlike the first analogue quartz watches from Seiko:cool:) I can leave in it a drawer for a year and it's still running and leaving it under the bench light for a few hours tops it up a treat.

AsCncSa.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see your 2005 Eco-Drive and raise you my 1977 Citizen Crystron solar. They weren't trying to hide the solar cells then and like most new innovations on the market over 40 years ago it was obviously

Mine seem ok if as others say i put them on an unobstructed window sill in good sunlight, but the glass does absorb some light and takes longer than if outside, although being outside for a few hours

Haven't tried the "leaving it in a drawer" bit.  My Eco-Drives are always exposed to some form of light during my waking hours.  Only one that ever went to a two-second second hand movement was a J80 caliber.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, John_D said:

I see your 2005 Eco-Drive and raise you my 1977 Citizen Crystron solar:teethsmile:. They weren't trying to hide the solar cells then and like most new innovations on the market over 40 years ago it was obviously over engineered....(not unlike the first analogue quartz watches from Seiko:cool:) I can leave in it a drawer for a year and it's still running and leaving it under the bench light for a few hours tops it up a treat.

AsCncSa.jpg

That is fabulous. :thumbsup: