• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
wits

watchfinder experience

just thought id share my experience with you chaps

sent watchfinder some pics and details from my watch { a black monaco},within 24 hours they sent me back a valuation {range of £150) top to bottom

as i was happy with that i sent them the watch rmsd,as soon as they received the watch they emailed to confirm as such and explained the watch was going for testing and verification.

3 days later they confirmed all is good and if i wanted to proceed i just completed payment details for them and the money will be in my account within 5 days !.

Anyway thought you might want to know that as an easy alternative  to ebay etc dealing with them is very slick and professional and would recommend {especially if like me you are itching for something else.

• Like 2

Good to hear your positive comments, especially when all you hear is the usual horror stories from online.

• Like 1

They offered me £400 for a watch they sold for about £1800 on average IIRC!

Admittedly it was a TAG but it put me off them to be honest!

• Like 1

I considered trading a speedmaster they were selling for £2k, they offered £600. I told them to jog on.

There is also an issue of consistency of quotations from one staff member to the next. There is none. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RWP said:

If they didn't make money on it they wouldn't do it :laugh:

There is making money and then there is taking the mick!

If car dealers offered you 2K for a car that sells 10K privately they would not get many trade in's!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wits said:

just thought id share my experience with you chaps

sent watchfinder some pics and details from my watch { a black monaco},within 24 hours they sent me back a valuation {range of £150) top to bottom

as i was happy with that i sent them the watch rmsd,as soon as they received the watch they emailed to confirm as such and explained the watch was going for testing and verification.

3 days later they confirmed all is good and if i wanted to proceed i just completed payment details for them and the money will be in my account within 5 days !.

Anyway thought you might want to know that as an easy alternative  to ebay etc dealing with them is very slick and professional and would recommend {especially if like me you are itching for something else.

thank you for your post - might be costly experience but at least its an option for selling a watch

• Like 1

I've used Watchfinder several times. Basically they're in the watch business and offer a slick way to buy and sell.  I've old and bought and never had a problem.  

I've only bought from them , and found them excellent , the price may of been a little more but it does come with a 12 month warranty and has been properly checked and tested in house , and they gave me a discount , no coffee and biscuits though 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andyclient said:

I've only bought from them , and found them excellent , the price may of been a little more but it does come with a 12 month warranty and has been properly checked and tested in house , and they gave me a discount , no coffee and biscuits though 

how did you get the discount

I haven't dealt with them for a few years but I've sold to them and bought from them too. Each time I found their service to be excellent.

2 hours ago, wits said:

how did you get the discount

i just asked , it wasn't massive but it was a discount , it seems to vary upon how long it has been in stock , that was the impression i was given anyway

• Like 2

Im currently "doing a trade"! with them. They received my watch today...and its now gone for testing etc.

All seems very good so far...but will update when its all done!

2 hours ago, wits said:

Cheers you rang them then?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No I got on a train and went there personally, I'm about 90 miles from London 

• Like 1

It always seem their offers are very low  but this does not seem to be reflected in their selling prices. I accept they are in it to make a profit but surely their costs are not so high.