• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Barry Mclean

Is this a scam

Sort of, the user is apparently a spammer, registering on different sites and posting almost word for word the same post, with a different high end Rolex, and a link to the same retail site. It's become common for shifty sites to hire people to seed communities with "discussions" that are really just clickbait.

I have a special baseball bat for the shins of lowlifes who misuse real people's online communities for their advertising. It's not "viral marketing," but it is sickening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P.S. I hope you or someone removed the link to YT. We don't want to give the site or its marketers any more views and attention than necessary. (Threads here ARE indexed by search engines.)

• Like 3

Thanks can I block these in case they try to bombard me.

Not sure what it is you want blocked, or what you mean by "bombard me." The forum admins/mods generally kick users off the forums once it's determined they're taking advantage of the forum.…

You can add any user to an "Ignore" list which masks their posts.

16 hours ago, Barry Mclean said:

Omegawatts wanting advice on Rolex new member with one post seems odd stating a watch from here.

It is not a scam insofar as it is not trying to trick you out of money. It may well be considered abuse of the forum as all they are trying to do is get a link from here to their website in an attempt to boost their ranking on search engines like Google.

It is all well and good building a great website and offering competitive prices etc but you still have to get people to find your website before you have any chance of making a sale. What these people often do not realise is that any negative comments about their site/ behaviour can also show up on the search engines and they could damage their efforts to improve their list ranking.