• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Damo516

Friday 7th April

I'll be wearing this at some stage today (not right now as I'm off to the gym wearing a G-shock).

Guy

PS > picture from yesterday afternoon.

1857bfde4232b474de9f8340d235529b.jpg

Sent from my Xperia Z Premium using Tapatalk

• Like 7

This one arrived last week, time to give it some more wrist time

Friday 7 April

I had some leather lest over so made up another Bund-type strap. Bolts rather than glue-stitches for the bars since the watch has solid end bars. No decorative stitching (yet) and a slightly more chunky buckle than my other version, suits the military look well I think?

Friday 7 April

J

• Like 11

Still this.
large.20170405_084744_kindlephoto-1284405.jpg.105369b0b9a8fd910d302d4c558f8276.jpg
I may require medical advice.:doctor:

How good is the contrast between the hands and dial ? Generally what's the build quality like ? Is it a 20 mm lug width ? Amazon prime have these for 60'odd quid, seems like a good price to me :-)

Des.

• Like 2

PhotoBucket is down at the moment, but I'm wearing the "Davey Pee" again today, and everyone knows what that looks like anyway :laughing2dw:

• Like 2

Every now and then I treat myself to a watch that doesn't really fit into my business model, but I like 

2017-04-07_08-38-48

This is from 2011, so a lucky 6 year old could have it as a birth year watch! It is a homage to the 1941 Flieger, so I will list it as a 1941 connection too! 38mm case is my sweet spot for chronographs 

• Like 10

This again at the min. Body clock up the chute. I've been up since half four so really cant be ar**d to wind up anything else up. Something else later, maybe.

large.58e74137c69ad_P1010002(4).JPG.24b78cef9eb4cebe3ff58d616e40aa3f.JPG

• Like 10

2 hours ago, JimboJames1972 said:

This one arrived last week, time to give it some more wrist time

Friday 7 April

I had some leather lest over so made up another Bund-type strap. Bolts rather than glue-stitches for the bars since the watch has solid end bars. No decorative stitching (yet) and a slightly more chunky buckle than my other version, suits the military look well I think?

Friday 7 April

J

Good to see it's getting some use. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Rotundus said:

How good is the contrast between the hands and dial ? Generally what's the build quality like ? Is it a 20 mm lug width ? Amazon prime have these for 60'odd quid, seems like a good price to me :-)

Des.

I got the Amazon cheapo deal. The contrast is not that great, build quality is fine. The one annoying thing I find about it is the button above the crown is for setting the 24 hour hand, and I automatically keep on pressing it, instead of the crown,to operate the backlight, so I have to reset it, which is easy and doesn't involve taking the watch of my wrist. Lug width is 22mm, bezel is one way, solid and positive. The strap that it came on looks like it would last a week. I don't like PVD otherwise I would have gone for this one,

$_58.JPG

but I'm more than pleased with what I've got.:yes:

Edited by WRENCH
  • Like 3

New pic of the "Davey Pee" (yes, it's a slow day at work today... :laugh:):

20170407_103319_zpsckk6bhuu.jpg

My God, I LOVE this watch :yahoo:

• Like 7

42 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Good to see it's getting some use. :thumbsup:

I got the Amazon cheapo deal. The contrast is not that great, build quality is fine. The one annoying thing I find about it is the button above the crown is for setting the 24 hour hand, and I automatically keep on pressing it, instead of the crown,to operate the backlight, so I have to reset it, which is easy and doesn't involve taking the watch of my wrist. Lug width is 22mm, bezel is one way, solid and positive. The strap that it came on looks like it would last a week. I don't like PVD otherwise I would have gone for this one,

$_58.JPG

but I'm more than pleased with what I've got.:yes:

not bothered about the pvd , and would put it on a zulu anyway - so would go for this one i think - not a huge fan of the indiglo so accidental  moving the gmt hand might not be such big deal.   thanks :thumbsup:

• Like 3