• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
malt1977

Suggestions please

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new watch soon and will be looking to spend around £2k/£3k and would like some suggestions. Clearly I know this is a very broad request and everyones tastes vary a lot, but I just thought I'd put it out there and see what you come back with.

I look forward to the suggestions.

Whatever tickles your fancy from forthcoming suggestions I would then look for it/them pre-owned, you will be surprised how many folk flip watches after a short while from new. Therefore you could get a minter still under warranty and you save a good few quid and in some cases hundreds of pounds.

And as Hughlle says, give us a clue which way you want to go style wise.

Edited by Leberkäse

45 minutes ago, malt1977 said:

Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new watch soon and will be looking to spend around £2k/£3k and would like some suggestions. Clearly I know this is a very broad request and everyones tastes vary a lot, but I just thought I'd put it out there and see what you come back with.

I look forward to the suggestions.

Why not start by having a browse in the `Members Owners Club' section of the forum to get an idea of what you like and then come back with some ideas for further comment.

The only watch a man would ever need. Available in various bezel and dial colors and also on leather strap. :yes:

Tudor-Heritage-Black-Bay-2016-in-house-1

Edited by gimli
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, gimli said:

The only watch a man would ever need. Available in various bezel and dial colors and also on leather strap. :yes:

Tudor-Heritage-Black-Bay-2016-in-house-1

I would agree with this, and also,

m79500-0001_black_95750_f_xl_rvb.jpg?ixlib=rails-1.1.0&auto=format&ch=Width%2CDPR%2CSave-Data&fit=crop&fm=jpg&q=55&usm=12&w=560&s=c11e60808a9c2b4c2fac69d1c795f979

• Like 2

So yesterday I went for a wonder around out local jewelry shops to get an idea and came across Bremont, in particular the BMII. I looked in the members section and there are only a handful of posts there. Can anyone shed some light on this, is it a good watch?

As this will be a milestone birthday present for myself I'll have no intention of selling it, so potential resale value is not an issue...although it would be nice if it was to hold said value.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3k and my mind thought Rolex datejust or Explorer, Omega Speedmaster or one of these

Chronomaster

you will not find finer watchmaking for £3k used

I don't know on new watches

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

That Zenith has a lot going on, but still looks classy - lovely case! I'd go for that :)

See now, I've changed my mind, The Tudor - oh spend 6k and buy both!

55 minutes ago, relaxer7 said:

Rolex Explorer II

Is it possible to get these in decent condition within budget?

7 hours ago, Ullevi said:

Is it possible to get these in decent condition within budget?

3k? All day long :yes:

Would rather be paying in the two's though :thumbsup:

2agw7pz.jpg

• Like 1

Shop around and get one of these...

ECF0FBF5-5F89-4861-8376-3E1CBD2433F5_zps

...or one of these...

C0BB9C14-7925-4F49-91B4-655D0A810A4F_zps

And enjoy it!:biggrin: