• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
animalone

Tatton owners club

Can't Imagine that there will be lots of these kicking around, but if anyone has one it would be good to see them

Henry Tatton of Edinburgh, despite being a retailer rather than an actual watchmaker they sold some nice classic dress watches through the 1940s-1960's.

http://orkfIOoh.jpg

http://NPpJxJah.jpg

http://4wpJxKNh.jpg 

• Like 2

Here are a few of mine :)

the first two in steel cases.

image_737.jpeg

image_738.jpeg

this one in 9ct gold from 1966.

image_739.jpeg

and lastly another steel one in its original case.

image_740.jpeg

As I live in Edinburgh I have been more likely to come across Tatton watches over the years. :yes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davidcxn said:

Here are a few of mine :)

the first two in steel cases.

image_737.jpeg

image_738.jpeg

this one in 9ct gold from 1966.

image_739.jpeg

and lastly another steel one in its original case.

image_740.jpeg

As I live in Edinburgh I have been more likely to come across Tatton watches over the years. :yes:

A man after my own heart. I'm in Edinburgh as well so you may have a bit competition for the next one :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

Hello I have recently dug out my fathers Tatton automatic and would like to get it up and running. There is a picture of him wearing it in Nairobi in 1964 by truth be told I know nothing about it. I can get it working but it doesn’t stay working. Can anyone recommend a jewellers that can fix it. Or give me some advice. I’m based in the South West of England these days. 

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 07:26, Oliver Laurie Hunter said:

Hello I have recently dug out my fathers Tatton automatic and would like to get it up and running. There is a picture of him wearing it in Nairobi in 1964 by truth be told I know nothing about it. I can get it working but it doesn’t stay working. Can anyone recommend a jewellers that can fix it. Or give me some advice. I’m based in the South West of England these days. 

Pity you are not in Edinburgh I could have had a look at it for you.

Any chance you could post a picture of it ?

It may be that it just needs a good clean and re-oil, but is difficult to advise properly without seeing the watch or knowing what movement is inside.

You could try asking Simon or searching for a recommender repairer near to you.

http://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/forum/13-watchmaking-and-repairs/

13 hours ago, animalone said:

@WRENCH can't believe that is still working :whistle:

Its OK, my uncle Bert gave me some oil off the dipstick of his Ford Anglia to keep things running. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me please?

While having a clear out, I came across my elderly uncle's watch (he lived in Edinburgh and died several years ago)

On the face, it reads:

Tatton Edinburgh, 17 jewels, Swiss made

On the back:

Fond Acier Inoxydable DOYLE *** 1009

It does have signs of wear and tear and could do with some tlc but still works (wind-up) and keeps good time.

There are no numbers on the second hand dial. 17 jewels is written just below the centre point where the hands join and just above the second hand dial, curving round the perimeter of the dial.

I don't know how to post photos of it to let you see it?

Can any of you give me some idea of it's value?

Regards,

Audrey