• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
JayDeep

Not a fan, but...

Are there any brands, in general, that you're just not much a fan of, or even hate, but there's one (or more) watches that you do like, or respect?

Seiko for me. Generally speaking I really really dislike their watches, the Seiko 5 Sports and "Prospex" specifically, but they do have a couple of nice lines that utilize quality parts, like Grand Seiko and Sportura, etc.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Tag Heuer I don't hate them I've come to appreciate them slowly since I've read about them but isn't something I'm particularly interested in owning, that may change, Breitling I used to hate, have come to appreciate but I only really like the Navitimer. Used to hate Cartier but now love them. Tastes change attitudes change never say never

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Some things change. Not all. Oddly enough I've always loved Breitling but never the navitimer. Lol

And yeah, ditto Cartier and brands like it. Jewelry as far as I'm concerned, nothing more. Status symbols.

• Like 1

Not a big fan of Tag Heuer at all.  But ... I came across the 1964 Chronograph re-edition the other day, and oh my DAYS how much I want that watch!!!  It gives me right old feelings.

ivwC6r6.png

• Like 4

Not a big fan of Tag Heuer at all.  But ... I came across the 1964 Chronograph re-edition the other day, and oh my DAYS how much I want that watch!!!  It gives me right old feelings.
ivwC6r6.png

Technically It's Heuer though not Tag, personally I think they should run a separate Heure line, classic driving watches and use Tag Heure for the other stuff lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

tag got me into watches many years ago had several

had an aquaracer gave it to my lad 

got an enquiry out for the new autavia if it comes off it will be a bobby b

finger crossed

oh and never liked bremont fwiw

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Internet forums :tumbleweed:

What's best, hemorrhoid cream ?

Apparently aerosol deodorant applied liberally can have an electrifying effect. :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

Never, stick only. And women's not men's. And greatly applied between the thighs.

At the moment it's Breitling for me. Most of there watches seem a but too fussy and overcomplicated. Although I do have a friend that raves over them constantly

Out of the while range I only like the Transocean.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I cant say I have ever felt any hatred toward any brand in particular although obviously I have preferences

Most Tag haters havent owned or even taken a look at the newer ranges and I believe a few may be surprised if they did, I took an aquaracer in trade recently and the quality is right up there

I wonder what would happen if hate was removed from the dictionary ? 

I like what I like and walk by what I don't, it's very easy.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'm not a massive Tag fan but I got married wearing a Monza chrono and stupidly sold it, I would have another.

I wouldn't say hate either, if I don't like a watch then that's it, I don't like it. It's like cabbage I don't like it so I don't eat it.

Funny really the three brands I am most ambivalent towards are Tags, yet I crave the Monaco (it is my grail), Seiko, yet I own a handful and Christopher Ward - I don't know why.

Yet I really dislike designer brands, I hate watches that pretend to be what they're not, I treat designer brands with the same contempt as fakes.

I love Edox (and always have), I also love Orient, these have grown on me since owning a couple, and Omega, if only I were wealthy..

Internet forums :tumbleweed:

What's best, hemorrhoid cream or tippex on the quick link ?

"Cats, or cheese?" Recurring theme here at TWF.

Invicta. Oh, sure they have some Rolex Sub lookalikes, but most of theirs are oversized obscenities. I remember looking at one, considered it, then noticed the Japanese movement only wound with the rotor going in one direction. Talk about cheap, how much more is it for the gearing to wind in either direction?

Rado, seen them advertised at sports events, and took a look at what their designs are like, they were all ugly. This was a couple years back, they might have lovely designs now, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

Rado, seen them advertised at sports events, and took a look at what their designs are like, they were all ugly. This was a couple years back, they might have lovely designs now, but I doubt it.

Yup Rado makes very ugly designs. But at least they're unique. Lol