UK Watch Forum banner

Anyone had any experiences with The Rolex Forum (TRF)

9K views 33 replies 17 participants last post by  WRENCH 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have had a bitter experience with the TRF has anybody had any good or bad experiences.

#4 ·
When you need obscure Rolex info it does seem that its the place to go... Rolex clientelle is unique though a peculiar mix.

#5 ·
It's a one brand forum with what sounds like a fairly affluent membership. It was better back in the day but still a good reliable source of all that is Rolex. There were a few really knowledgeable participants.

But there are some that don't like or can't take any criticism of their beloved Brand but hey ho there are some here like that as well.

:biggrin:

#8 ·
I was a TRF pledge member for two years my gripe is although they are extremely knowledgeable they do not always get it right. I decided to advertise my genuine Rolex Sea Dweller for sale within a couple of days it was removed and I was expelled as they said it was a fake. I took the watch to a local jeweller who inspected it took detailed photographs and wrote a report stating it was real. The TRF would not communicate with me when I emailed them the information confirming the watches authenticity nor to the numerous emails I sent after this it seemed they could not accept they were wrong. I eventually accepted they were not going to respond let alone offer me an apology I then contacted Paypal I explained the situation they were able to get my $25 annual pledge money returned.

#10 ·
Seems they want some of The Dark Side's reputation points. Pity.

I'm sure you can sell your SD without TRF's help. Glad you could get your pledge money back, that was the honorable thing for them to do.

#16 ·
If you want I could change it for you.

Reactions: Chromejob
#15 ·
I confess - - I taunted them and got banned! :bash:

They didn't like being asked why Rolex wouldn't or couldn't match the TIMEX torture tests? :whistle:

Most seemed to me to be so far up themselv- - - :tumbleweed: I haven't missed it!

Reactions: ong
#19 ·
A dreadful place. Someone posts a picture of a nice watch and the next 25 posts are: wow, fab, super etc etc. Very shallow indeed and there are the serious 'I've got more money than you' types. Here's my latest Paul Newman Daytona pictured in front of my Ferrari.

i only stayed a short time. There are a few decent helpful types, but for everyone of those there are a 100 idiots.

#28 ·
A dreadful place. Someone posts a picture of a nice watch and the next 25 posts are: wow, fab, super etc etc. Very shallow indeed and there are the serious 'I've got more money than you' types. Here's my latest Paul Newman Daytona pictured in front of my Ferrari.

i only stayed a short time. There are a few decent helpful types, but for everyone of those there are a 100 idiots.
Sorry I dont really get this escpecially the first bit?

look at similar threads on here, I doubt there is much difference

#20 ·
The Jeweller is a very well respected he services and values many top end brand watches although not accredited I doubt very much he is wrong as he would not have written a report stating and confirming it was genuine. The back was removed and detailed photographs were taken (I have copies of the photographs) of all angles of the watch the face and serial number and strap all matched as did the model number it was a 11660T Y serial number. I bought the watch from a dealer I have used in the past without problem I have since sold the watch on to another dealer he carried out his own inspection prior to paying me and confirmed it was genuine. My son who is somewhat of an expert on the Rolex brand checked out the watch prior to me buying it he stated from day one it was real and he was proved to be right. The only thing that let my sale on TRF was the quality of the pictures I had put on the forum. What upset me the most was I was not allowed to prove the watch was genuine with photographic evidence and a written report confirming it was genuine they chose to ignore my emails I did eventually get my pledge money back via Paypal.

#22 ·
Hi four different sources verified the watch the person who I bought the watch from in Spain I have used him before without issue. My son who as stated is very knowledgeable in respect of the Rolex brand he researched this particular watch on the internet and confirmed it is genuine. A highly respected local jeweller who is well versed in the Rolex brand other high end watch brands who I paid to authenticate it. I sold the watch to a UK dealer who carried out his own inspection prior to paying me to confirm it is genuine which it is prior to paying me surely four different sources cant be wrong.

#23 ·
Hi four different sources verified the watch is genuine the person who I bought the watch from in Spainwho I have used before without issue. My son who as stated is very knowledgeable in respect of the Rolex brand he researched this particular watch on the internet and confirmed it is genuine. A highly respected local jeweller who is well versed in the Rolex brand other high end watch brands who I paid to authenticate it he confirmed it is real. I sold the watch to a UK dealer who carried out his own inspection prior to paying me to confirm it is genuine which it is I was then paid in full surely four different sources cant be wrong.

I was upset at the reaction of the TRF there was no opportunity to prove the watch is genuine despite the fact I had been a pledge member for two years. Blocking emails and a life ban seems OTT to me perhaps they do not like admitting they were wrong.

#26 ·
What I meant was f##k them, and I wouldn't let being banned bother you. Its not going to be a stain on your C.V. In all honesty, as I understand it, you've sold the watch without a hitch, so I personally wouldn't have bothered making the post. Don't let the experience put you off owning another. I didn't even know their forum existed until yesterday at 18.44. :)

#27 ·
Okay, so four different sources authenticated the watch, including someone who paid you a proper sum for it. Seems valid (your first posts didnt identify this, did they?).

So you're here for a pity party? The big bad snobs at TRF did you wrong, and you want us to commiserate? Okay. But this happens a lot on the interwebs, adn to a much worse degree. Read up on #gamergate and how some Internet trolls were ganging up to threaten women with rape and murder, publishing their home addresses online, etc. In the grand scheme of things, what you wnt through was pretty small and easily left behind. I recommend you flip them off and dont look back.

#30 ·
Never had a problem with the place. Yes, there are some people with a fair bit of cash but why should that bother me? Again, someone posts a picture of a nice watch and plenty of comments praising it, same thing on many forums. I like Rolex, I enjoy reading up on Rolex watches. Sorry to hear about your experience with your watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.