• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Are you a Watch bore.

I'll get the off compliment by the missus! If I have my arm around her or something I usually see in the corner of my eye her playing with the adjustable bezel or the chronograph but that's about it! One of my mates has a Seiko '5' I suggested he should get after he killed his Skagen and he often talks about the odd subject related with watches and I have a pal at work who is interested, we do morning wrist watch checks...... Keeps moral up in the morning haha!

• Like 1
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I never mention them to anyone....what's on the forum stays on the forum.

Watch bore or not? I am.  I pester the Boz daily with " do you like this one?"  The reply is the same every time " it's a watch." My daughter gets to forcibly view any new acquisitions, alon

No. Now if anyone is interested in setting up desmodromic valve systems on bevel drive round case Ducati's............ 

4 hours ago, WRENCH said:

No. Now if anyone is interested in setting up desmodromic valve systems on bevel drive round case Ducati's............ :Snore:

I know a man that can, he tried to explain how it all worked once but by that time I was on about my sixth V&RB

:laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1
Just now, BondandBigM said:

I know a man that can, he tried to explain how it all worked once but by that time I was on about my sixth V&RB

That is one of the many advantages of intoxication I miss. :laughing2dw:

Falling asleep in the bass bin while the band were playing on St Patrick's day in Brussels, to escape a boring conversation may indicate the levels of avoidance I was prepared to undertake.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, WRENCH said:

That is one of the many advantages of intoxication I miss. :laughing2dw:

Falling asleep in the bass bin while the band were playing on St Patrick's day in Brussels, to escape a boring conversation may indicate the levels of avoidance I was prepared to undertake.

He is into all things Italian and had a proper Ducati as well as a Ducati engined Bi-Moto.

But that was a walk in the park compared to him explaining numerous times how he set up the fuelling, ignition and cam timing on his old V12 Lambo's one of which had six sidedraughts, quad cams and two distributors with six sets of points without the aid of a haynes manual.

:huh:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BondandBigM said:

He is into all things Italian and had a proper Ducati as well as a Ducati engined Bi-Moto.

But that was a walk in the park compared to him explaining numerous times how he set up the fuelling, ignition and cam timing on his old V12 Lambo's one of which had six sidedraughts, quad cams and two distributors with six sets of points without the aid of a haynes manual.

:huh:

Stop it or I'll take to the drink. (again) :laughing2dw:

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Stop it or I'll take to the drink. (again) :laughing2dw:

It's not the same second time around.......a can of beer and you have had enough.  I'll never know where I used to put it all :tumbleweed:

lol I am also a bore my Mrs literally says "I am not interested" when I start speaking about them

However there is a mate on my car forum that is same as me and we literally text about watches almost every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife's eye literally gaze over. BUT she had many more watches than me.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am a watch bore but nobody is interested so I keep quiet...

There are two instances that I turn into a complete bore at antiques fairs, either watch or boxing enthusiasts.  Either subject comes up and there will be hours of discussion.