• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Ever wondered how some of the scratches on your watch get there?  Here's a prime suspect, from a well known manufacturer of traditional waterproof gear. 

large.IMG_20170524_155838.jpg.c1ccda3ce79bf5566713373ff5a15a51.jpg

• Like 1

I have a couple of shirts with press stud cuffs and found the same thing :(

Luckily summer's on its way so no sleeves required :)

I'm pretty careful with my watches, and I don't usually do anything remotely dangerous (to them or me), so they very rarely pick up any scratches or other damage. I guess the most likely in my case would be desk diving marks on bracelet clasps, but that's not something I'd really be bothered about.  As long as it's not on the front, and especially the crystal, then I don't mind.

I must admit I'm always wary when walking through doorways, especially when wearing something like this:

20161128_090027_zpsizqjbhfx.jpg

Well, I don't want to damage the door frame, do I...? :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

Some shirt and cufflinks combination scratch watch bracelets so I tend to avoid them. 

Only problem with polished surfaces, they show scratches if a feather crosses it.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was proudly wearing my latest big aquisition, my beautiful Orient Mako today. Thinking I would take the healthier option, I was walking up the stairs insead of taking the lift at work, when I felt that nauseating scrape of the metal hand rail against the glass. I actually did feel sick for a split second - but happily, not a mark!

Testament to decent mineral glass I suppose, but beware... metal railings. :angry:

QqF1T7a.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Dress or casual ?

Off the shoulder :)

16 hours ago, Davey P said:

I'm pretty careful with my watches, and I don't usually do anything remotely dangerous (to them or me), so they very rarely pick up any scratches or other damage. 

So strapping a couple of old floorboards to your feet and hurtling down the side of a snow covered mountain at 60mph with no brakes isn't remotely dangerous...!:swoon:

I can think of less painful ways of doing away with my watch, or even myself....:laugh:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

So strapping a couple of old floorboards to your feet and hurtling down the side of a snow covered mountain at 60mph with no brakes isn't remotely dangerous...!

I can think of less painful ways of doing away with my watch, or even myself....

Ah yes, the dangers of skiing... :whistle:  But don't panic everyone, I always make sure my watch is safely tucked inside my jacket sleeve, then behind the cuff of my glove, so there shouldn't be any risks involved... well, not to the watch anyway :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

My Avenger Skyland has just been sent to Switzerland for a full service... the AD did the pre-send inspection and the polished surfaces were immaculate... apart from two microscopic dinks.... so I guess there are polished surfaces and there are polished surfaces....

I think it's more due to wearer activity.

I have worn several watches thought the same patterns... you pay $5000 for your polished surface , it survives better than your $1000 piece in my experience..... I may just be unusual....

I've almost never had an issue with watch finishes, from Junkers under a hundred to my 1500 entry level Swiss pieces, only one ever showed much for wear, other than on the clasp.

• Like 1