• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Apeks 200m Divers with Zulu Diver Strap

eff81d47ea9837f5cfe28b5862b99eee.jpg

Needed a new affordable watch that I could wear in the sea and use on holiday as my titanium seiko chronograph was stolen whilst abroad and after much research decided to get an Apeks 200m and upgraded the strap to a Zulu diver with PVD loops. Really impressed so far, great lume, bezel and second hand very precise and accurate. Paid £73 for the watch with a seiko movement seems a steal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5
Ive the midland dive equipment 500m version. Great watches. Currently on a Zulu strap but going to try it on a mesh I've bought.:thumbsup:
large.image.jpeg.e8bf91382039f8a70a79ae11c90b1ce3.jpeg

Yeah a mesh would look great on the 500/1000m one. Would you still use the mesh in sea water or use one of your other straps? I was considering a mesh too for mine for more formal use as opposed for in the sea

eff81d47ea9837f5cfe28b5862b99eee.jpg

Needed a new affordable watch that I could wear in the sea and use on holiday as my titanium seiko chronograph was stolen whilst abroad and after much research decided to get an Apeks 200m and upgraded the strap to a Zulu diver with PVD loops. Really impressed so far, great lume, bezel and second hand very precise and accurate. Paid £73 for the watch with a seiko movement seems a steal!

Is there a rocketship launch pad under your watch it is the caseback truly that think?

Looks like I could fly a fighter jet between your watch and your wrist.

This is one major reason I deeply loathe one piece straps. The add unnecessary height, this creating an awkward and unbalanced wear.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is there a rocketship launch pad under your watch it is the caseback truly that think?

Looks like I could fly a fighter jet between your watch and your wrist.

This is one major reason I deeply loathe one piece straps. The add unnecessary height, this creating an awkward and unbalanced wear.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Ha I was wondering if someone pick up on that. You're right they do add a bit of height but they don't feel too unbalanced to me as I guess I'm used to it but potentially for some who are used to a more flush fit then it could.

I do think they are good looking straps but the main reason I use ones like these is the extra security they provide. I've had the pins come out in 2 watches over the years from using in the sea and activities and both times the strap saved my watch from disappearing at the bottom of the ocean.

There is always going to be a pay off I guess but it's one I'm willing to accept :)

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
On 04/06/2017 at 03:26, Philzo said:

Ha I was wondering if someone pick up on that. You're right they do add a bit of height but they don't feel too unbalanced to me as I guess I'm used to it but potentially for some who are used to a more flush fit then it could.

I do think they are good looking straps but the main reason I use ones like these is the extra security they provide. I've had the pins come out in 2 watches over the years from using in the sea and activities and both times the strap saved my watch from disappearing at the bottom of the ocean.

There is always going to be a pay off I guess but it's one I'm willing to accept :)

That certainly is a big gap under there. Mine looks nothing like that. Is that a standard NATO or RAF style ? ( RAF only has 1 strap underneath & not 2. )

Mind you, my wrist actually has a dip from too many years of watch wearing so the watch kind of sinks in if that makes sense.

At the moment i'm debating whether to get the 200 or 500m Divex & really can't make my mind up.  It'll be put on a NATO or Zuludiver straight away though - it's a no-brainer.

Are these watches really as good as everybody is saying as they would seem to be the bargain of the century.