• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Like upgrade  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like more choices for the likes system, dislike, like, wtf etc etc

New software is coming soon with new features and I'm just wondering if we should have more choices for the like function. 

• Like 1

Does the forum really need it? If the members don't like something they a) normally say
                                                                                                                   b) don't tick the like option
                                                                                                                   c) ignore the post

IMO I'd leave it as is in this case.

• Like 2

I don't think the likes system is beneficial to the forum, not that your likely to consider my opinion still useful Roy.:wink:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roy said:

New software is coming soon with new features and I'm just wondering if we should have more choices for the like function. 

No. More choices = more mistakes = more work for you to make corrections.

Even the "feedback" has a few errors ie. The same person is the buyer and seller.  

I find likes handy, if someone makes a comment on your post ,a single like press shows you have read their comment and saves going through the quote process.,similarly with photos of watches, keep it as it is,

dont want to get to the point as is with milk and coffee...what was white liquid now comes in 20 different types ,and tea and coffee consumer ism gone mad 

15 minutes ago, Robden said:

Even the "feedback" has a few errors ie. The same person is the buyer and seller.  

Rob, I cannot see any errors on the feedback system?

Good to hear that there are new features coming, but (JMHO you understand) as several others have said, I think the present 'like' system is perfectly fine. You either like something and click the button, or don't like it and leave the button alone. I don't think there needs to be a separate 'dislike' option. Similarly, would adding a controversial WTF button lead to more arguments and trolling? 

• Like 4

dodgy rodge speaks the truth !

12 hours ago, Roy said:

getting the login with facebook thingy working would be handy :thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

dodgy rodge speaks the truth !

getting the login with facebook thingy working would be handy :thumbsup:

Will sort this out :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Rob, I cannot see any errors on the feedback system?

Beg your pardon Roy.:notworthy:

It's a user problem or should I say "My user problem." I can see now that the "Sender/Receiver" is for the the actual feedback and not the goods...........now it makes sense.:thumbsup: 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 13:16, taffyman said:

Agree with Roger if its not broken don't fix it

It's not about fixing anything. It's just the the new software upgrade improves the like system by allowing users to choose between "like" and other "reaction faces", like on facebook.

The "like" system, as it is at this moment, may be disruptive as a result of playfulness or competitiveness, but I suspect choices such as "dislike" will lead to animosity.

Later,
William

Edited by William_Wilson
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, William_Wilson said:

The "like" system, as it is at this moment, may be disruptive as a result of playfulness or competitiveness, but I suspect choices such as "dislike" will lead to animosity.

Later,
William

I agree, Will...in fact I'm not sure why we even have the 'like' thingy...it's a bit 'Facebook' if you ask me. I hardly ever use it...the only place I normally 'like' something is the WRUW threads, where I might 'like' a particular watch. A particularly funny comment might also get one, but apart from that it's ignored. I think some people are only here to accumulate as many 'likes' as possible which is a shame as it makes things competitive instead of informative.

Likes are OK, as long as they are used reasonably sparingly. 

What I'm not keen on is this competitive liking thing.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, AVO said:

That is absolutely what I'm talking about, Steve. And I did give a you a like this time because I totally agree with your comment.:thumbsup:

44 minutes ago, AVO said:

This could be solved by allowing a limited number of likes per day. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Roy said:

This could be solved by allowing a limited number of likes per day. 

Sounds like a good idea to me, Roy :thumbsup:

In fact I liked it so much I pressed the Like button :tongue:

Have the likes finally gone? As from switching on this morning, I no longer have the 'like' option at the bottom right and the notification panel now reads 'so and so' reacted to this post, rather than liked it.

EDIT: Just noticed that Roy has done a software upgrade, so might be something to do with that.

4 minutes ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Have the likes finally gone? As from switching on this morning, I no longer have the 'like' option at the bottom right and the notification panel now reads 'so and so' reacted to this post, rather than liked it.

I'm working on the update, they will be back :thumbsup: