• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Chromejob

Software update issues and observations June 2017

Suggest we record issues and reports related to today's software update HERE in this thread so Roy can track them easily. 

1. I may be missing it, but I don't see an icon on threads to take you to the first unread post.  Very handy, usually seen near the title of the topic in a topic list, or in subscriptions list. (Yes, I know there is a link under the most recent post, "posted x hours ago," that's not the same.) 

2. As mentioned in another thread, "Joined date" is missing from user information block in thread display. 

Edited by Chromejob
numbering issues

17 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

1. I may be missing it, but I don't see an icon on threads to take you to the first unread post.  Very handy, usually seen near the title of the topic in a topic list, or in subscriptions list. 

Corrected. It's the star/bullet icon at the beginning of the topic title. It didn't work for me in an older thread. Will monitor. 

3. Emojis are added at the end of the post, not at the current location of the cursor. May not be new with this update. 

5 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

3. Emojis are added at the end of the post, not at the current location of the cursor. May not be new with this update. 

Cannot :huh::hmmm9uh::thumbsup: replicate. Seems fine :huh: anyone else noticing this?

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

Cannot :huh::hmmm9uh::thumbsup: replicate. Seems fine :huh: anyone else noticing this?

Trying again after adding a full sentence of text.  Moving cursor back …  :rolleyes::sign_question:

Nope, doing it still. But using Lastpass built-in browser. May be browser-specific. 

• Like 1

Testing the emoji :rolleyes:  stuff (placed only at the end of the drafted message) :thumbs_up:  on Firefox 52.2 32-bit on Windows. Works, inserts it at the cursor. It's browser specific, apparently.

• Like 1

Well this is a "wish" not an issue, but I really really REALLY wish I could put the editor into a "raw BBcode mode" to edit tags by hand. I'm much better at it, particularly when removing images from quoted replies, then full GUI WYSIWYG mode. Most forum editors have buttons to extend the textbox longer, switch editing modes, etc. (This might be in preferences, I looked before in vain. Checkin' again....)

14 hours ago, Mr Levity said:

The preview button is missing. It has saved me posting some absolute Sh1te in the past. I neeeeeeed it !:crazy5vh:

It is still there on the editor toolbar, it looks like a page with a magnifying glass.

I've added a scroll to top button for all pages and the clear page button for the editor.

Site should be running at more or less full speed now that the indexes are re-built.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Roy said:

It is still there on the editor toolbar, it looks like a page with a magnifying glass.

I've added a scroll to top button for all pages and the clear page button for the editor.

Site should be running at more or less full speed now that the indexes are re-built.

Classified is slow....................no ones bought my watch yet.:(

:thumbs_up:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mr Levity said:

The preview button is missing. It has saved me posting some absolute Sh1te in the past. I neeeeeeed it !:crazy5vh:

I've also added a preview post button to the bottom of the editor.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chromejob said:

Well this is a "wish" not an issue, but I really really REALLY wish I could put the editor into a "raw BBcode mode" to edit tags by hand. I'm much better at it, particularly when removing images from quoted replies, then full GUI WYSIWYG mode. Most forum editors have buttons to extend the textbox longer, switch editing modes, etc. (This might be in preferences, I looked before in vain. Checkin' again....)

BBcode was abolished on this editor ages ago sorry, it cannot be done with the inbuilt editor.

16 hours ago, gimli said:

Don't know about issues but I like the new look. :thumbsup:

It does run a bit slower though...

Should be running at full speed not the indexes are re-built, please can members confirm this as it's really quick at this end :thumbsup:

Still do not understand why some members now have a big letter beside their name which is the first letter of their username but not everyone has it. Maybe we have been selected for a special category of membership with free trips to Greek Islands? :clap:

Just worked it out - it is where we have not posted a photo!!!! Got there in the end so the old brain cells still work a bit :whistle:

Edited by richy176

6 minutes ago, richy176 said:

Still do not understand why some members now have a big letter beside their name which is the first letter of their username but not everyone has it. Maybe we have been selected for a special category of membership with free trips to Greek Islands? :clap:

Just worked it out - it is where we have not posted a photo!!!! Got there in the end so the old brain cells still work a bit :whistle:

That is correct, I added it as I feel it looks neater :thumbsup:

• Like 1

any thoughts on getting back to compatability with tapatalk ... or perhaps you could put together an RLT app ?

the android based browser experience on my phone is :taz::bullshitter:

37 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

any thoughts on getting back to compatability with tapatalk ... or perhaps you could put together an RLT app ?

Tapatalk are working on an update. 

• Like 1

Copy and paste is not working the same for pictures. I'm having to insert image from URL now, whereas before it was simple.

20 hours ago, Rotundus said:

Try Firefox for Android. Syncing between devices is on par with Chrome if you use FF on a laptop. 

20 hours ago, Rotundus said:

I am using android with chrome and its great :) Maybe its your mobile Des?

Roy,

Could you reinstate the awards and the date of joining? :thumbsup: