• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Chromejob

Software update issues and observations June 2017

16 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Copy and paste is not working the same for pictures. I'm having to insert image from URL now, whereas before it was simple.

I've noticed this too...in fact I started a thread about it...

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Roy,

Could you reinstate the awards and the date of joining? :thumbsup:

Yes it's on my list of things to do :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

Try Firefox for Android. Syncing between devices is on par with Chrome if you use FF on a laptop. 

Or... If your phone is big enough, use the REQUEST DESKTOP SITE feature of the mobile browser.

4 hours ago, Chromejob said:

Try Firefox for Android. Syncing between devices is on par with Chrome if you use FF on a laptop. 

i do, sync not an issue

4 hours ago, martinzx said:

I am using android with chrome and its great :) Maybe its your mobile Des

possibly but tapatalk was so much easier & faster to view and upload/edit it was mind blowing !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rotundus said:

i do, sync not an issue

possibly but tapatalk was so much easier & faster to view and upload/edit it was mind blowing !

Agreed!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Not sure if this is new for the update (I use Tapatalk 98% of hte time), but the posts don't have the number. Most forums let you specify a post #, e.g. "check out Bill's comment in post #17." Some software will link anythign like #[nn] to that post number automagically. 
  • I don't see an option to set your default "follow" notification. I prefer "via control panel" or "no e-mail notification" but the FOLLOW button doesn't "remember" my last choice. :(

Too late to edit, and can't seem to find how to attach images on the site. 

Here are my notification preferences:

83yCQWdm.jpg

And here's what pops up when I click "Follow"

pL4dbIcm.jpg

Oh, I see. It's not a preference for all "follows," just automatic follows. Oh, bother.

Edited by Chromejob

Odd. I know I donated £5 to the forum earlier this year, thought I used the "gallery upgrade" option, but I don't have the "Add images" option in the Gallery. Did I click the wrong link? 

l4tTxGy.jpg

1 hour ago, Chromejob said:

Odd. I know I donated £5 to the forum earlier this year, thought I used the "gallery upgrade" option, but I don't have the "Add images" option in the Gallery. Did I click the wrong link? 

l4tTxGy.jpg

I've corrected this, it did not automatically upgrade you as you didn't pay through the gallery link and I missed it. All sorted now :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Is there a reason why my gallery pics have suddenly gone ma-hoo-sive? I don't think I've pressed anything I shouldn't have....:laugh:, but this pic of the Orca now fills the entire screen!

large.20161112_141313.jpg.b5f12a6156ae55

On 6/25/2017 at 13:12, Roy said:

I've fixed this :thumbsup:

Only just seen this , Roy.....thanks!.....oh and I see the super and sub script buttons are back too...thanks again!:laugh::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Don't know if this software offers this, but while we're looking to restore the "Join Date" field in the user box in Thread view pages, I wonder if there's a variable that can be added to indicate the "Thread starter" (Tapatalk calls it "OP," original poster). Handy in some topics. Forgive me if I'm missing it. 

My 2p: Not sure if teh "Gender: [gender]" field adds anything. There are so few ladies here, I think we all know who they are. 

Edited by Chromejob

24 minutes ago, Chromejob said:

My 2p: Not sure if teh "Gender: [gender]" field adds anything. There are so few ladies here, I think we all know who they are.

Indeed, but let's not discourage them by denying they have female identify, let them state their sex, and invite them in as equals.:wink:

Not that most Women care to be involved in a fetish such as this, most of them get on with their status building with other products.

• Haha 1

Huh? What's encouraging or discouraging about a data field in the user info box for thread posts? All that info is shared on the user profile page anyway. I'm not proposing HIDING gender completely, just using the space in the thread topic page for useful info like title, awards, join date, reputation, avatar,.... 

YMMV. 

2 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Unable to access the gallery to upload images......is there a problem/delay ?

There is a small problem which I am working on :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, WRENCH said:

New Blog entries aren't showing up unless I click on my blog header ?

I'm looking into this one :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Karrusel said:

Unable to access the gallery to upload images......is there a problem/delay ?

This is going to take a few days to fix, sorry. 

Ah that's a relief, I just tried to upload some images and thought my transfer to virgin media had screwed up my settings some how. Cheers roy:thumbs_up:

11 hours ago, Roy said:

This is going to take a few days to fix, sorry. 

All appears fine now Roy.....thank you. :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

All appears fine now Roy.....thank you. :thumbsup:

Yes got it fixed now :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

In this infernal POC text/reply editor, when I select subscirpt like this and then tap the button again to deselect, it SOMETIMES returns to normal text, but the button remains highlighted. I can't get it to "un-highlight." If I select superscript while subscript is still highlighted, it switches it out 

Oh lookee lookee what I can do. I can select superscirpt AND THEN select subscript and it does both, though only hte subscript button is highlighted. This editor seems to have llost track of what mode is enabled. 

What a hunk of software junk. It would keep me working overtime and into the weekend as a QA analyst. 

Hang on, let me see if I can can make you break out the ,magnifyng  glass to even see what I'm typing. Holy *****. This is a tain wreck. 

Amazing. I still have the subscript button active. 

Using Firefox on iOS. Let me try Chrome on iOS. 

Edited by Chromejob