Around the back

RfqgsbF.jpg

Chronograph from 1990's

5icEid1.jpg

Skymaster

YXIL5Lt.jpg

See less See more
#6 ·
Just this one at the moment. One of my favourites, very nice quality only let down slightly by weak lume. Not sure about the colour of the strap though, think I'm going to have to try something different.

NLyIFNO.jpg
I agree the brown just doesn't look right, the one on my white Accurist above has the similar shine to the strap (particularly having used the ultra sonic cleaner on it this morning) and is very comfortable. I would normally have leather on a dress watch but I bought this one pre-owned on EBay with the strap shown as an extra to a black leather one which was fitted and didn't look just right. Having put on the one shown I really like it.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Just the one for me, bought by 'Dearly Beloved' when we first met, 29 years ago in 1990. It's not one of my usual wearers, but I'll never get rid of it...I wouldn't dare!

[IMG alt="03." data-ratio="75.00"]http://xflive.thewatchforum.co.uk/attachments/monthly_2020_12/large.large.20170910_120754.jpg.0888b7d73c0aa0352da775690378ffa4.jpg.e16d23124de6fa169485dc7fbb36df83.jpg[/IMG]

#12 ·
I sent an email to Accurist asking for any information on dating their watches and got this reply.

Dear Steve

I am sorry but we took over Accurist watches in 2014 and unfortunately we do not have history or information on the watches

Please accept our apologies

Regards

Does anyone have any information at all?

#14 ·

My Accurist Grand Complication Limited Edition

https://ibb.co/XJrK4pC

https://ibb.co/WfYq0BB

Was left non-working for years after being told by two different repair shops they couldn't open the back etc. However with a recently bought repair kit I was able to change the battery and get it working again! but I need a bit more knowledge to get it perfect again as the date hand keeps moving?! Will post at some point asking if anyone has experience of repairing/removing case etc.

#15 ·
A great British brand name, and I do hope interested "Accuristees" will read my Forum contributions on Accurist. I draw your attention to my textual article entitled, "A Family Affair: The Accurist Story, 1946-2014", posted on 28 June 2019 in my topics section of the Forum. I also wrote a Forum topic on the Accurist Accu.2 range of watches entitled, "Accu.2 To You Too", posted on 11 September 2016, also in my topics section. The search feature of the Forum will bring these up for anyone to read. :biggrin:

#21 ·
During a drawer rummage, I found this Accurist day/date watch bought for me circa. 1985.

Coincidentally, I have been looking to add a LHD watch to my collection.

Well that's that itch scratched and saved a few quid. :thumbs_up:

20200513_21315720200513_213050
Hello all

My local watch repair shop has had a look at my 80's Accurist and says the battery has corroded the internal unit and not repairable.

Unfortunately, the back was stuck back on before I could get a pic.

I will try get a pic up shortly but could anyone suggest a source for 80's quartz Accurist movements?

Thanks

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
I rather like this modern quartz that I recently acquired...

Accurist Clerkenwell 1946

Watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist Rectangle

:biggrin:​

Reactions: spinynorman
#24 ·
I've a few Accurist watches, Here's a few that I found out today, There's some more somewhere!

This one needs a crystal as it's own has crazy cracked!!

APKz7Zz.jpg

Another manual wind with a damaged dial!

fYIhcSP.jpg

I think they're not Swiss any more as the Qtz iones I have say Japan on them..

u1LPPm2.jpg

VY4Ten4.jpg

77EHAFe.jpg

A couple of non runners..

x8AFlGg.jpg

I'll find more out tomorrow :thumbsup:

John :)

#25 ·
I think they're not Swiss any more as the Qtz iones I have say Japan on them..
Not Swiss for some time now. They have a Japanese movement, Miyota in the ones I've seen, but assembled in China I think. Not knocking them though - I tend to like Accurist. I recently bought one with a 10year battery life for £3.10. The cyclops was battered so I removed it and I fitted a new gold coloured bracelet, otherwise pretty much unmarked.

#28 ·
The 6P29 would not work because according to your pic the stem is on the opposite side. It's unusual to have a left hand stem and I don't think I've seen one on a Miyota.

Only thing I can think of is if you found a movement with the subdial at the top instead of the bottom and then turn it 180 degs so the stem is on the left. Maybe that is how it was designed.

Miyota don't seem to have production runs of the same movement for many years like others do but there is nearly always an alternative available. The movt number is under ''Miyota Co'', on yours looks like 4P00 ?

#32 · (Edited by Moderator)
I call this my "old man"

It's very early (I think about 50's, maybe 60's) with a new strap (I have the orig but its a bit small and delicate). Its never been serviced, yes i know thats bad but a service would cost more than the watch. Rolled gold, automatic (and still works well with a 30 hour tank) keeps excellent time.

I keep it for special occasions and its one of my favourites.

#33 ·
The only Accurist I have, bought new in 1997 - Chronograph Racing - Miyota ana digital movement.

I have recently 'resurrected' it after years of being dormant in the watch box ( see repair forum) . Tricky to set is a understatement.

i-NBVWtCC-X2.jpg

Reactions: SolaVeritate
#34 ·
A while ago I was given a broken Accurist quartz alarm chronograph by another forum member, as something to tinker with and maybe get going. The movement turned out to be a Miyota AS10, the equivalent of a Citizen A510, which is obsolete and has no current equivalent that I can find. So then I was wondering about a movement swap from a donor watch and ended up buying these two. Both of them work and, though the one on the right looks battered in the photo, it's much less noticeable on the wrist. So no movement swap has occurred. :)

They are almost perpetual calendars, in that the only date change they can't cope with is 29th Feb on a leap year. That's just as well, because to advance the date by one day, the register top right revolves twice before the date moves. They also have integrated bracelets, which of course are all different and they are pretty heavy. So not my favourite watches by a long way, but I still have them.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Material property

#35 ·
A while ago I was given a broken Accurist quartz alarm chronograph by another forum member, as something to tinker with and maybe get going. The movement turned out to be a Miyota AS10, the equivalent of a Citizen A510, which is obsolete and has no current equivalent that I can find. So then I was wondering about a movement swap from a donor watch and ended up buying these two. Both of them work and, though the one on the right looks battered in the photo, it's much less noticeable on the wrist. So no movement swap has occurred. :)

They are almost perpetual calendars, in that the only date change they can't cope with is 29th Feb on a leap year. That's just as well, because to advance the date by one day, the register top right revolves twice before the date moves. They also have integrated bracelets, which of course are all different and they are pretty heavy. So not my favourite watches by a long way, but I still have them.

0CC5D6D7-F19C-4D9F-B24A-412FC273AA0E.jpeg View attachment 53359
Admirable. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.