• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
dougal74

What are the panel's thoughts on this?

Do you like it?

Or do you just think it's a bargain?

I've never been against romans in the same way a lot of folks here are...

...but you have to really like them a lot with that 3 and 9 taking up the whole face.

Looks nice, I prefer the silver version. Nice dial, a little different from the usual. I don't know anything about the brand though.

2 minutes ago, The Canon Man said:

Do you like it?

Or do you just think it's a bargain?

I've never been against romans in the same way a lot of folks here are...

...but you have to really like them a lot with that 3 and 9 taking up the whole face.

You hit the nail on the head. I've wanted a moonphase for a while and this has a nice Dubois Depraz in a display back case. However, I don't know if I can live with the 3 and 9...

2 minutes ago, niveketak said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not for me regardless of price, a bit gimicky with the 3 and 9 IMHO

I think it really works nicely for me.  My cup of tea. 

I don't know about that one but earlier this year I saw a load of Davidoff watches on a US website for a fraction of "original price". I don't think that anyone pays full price.

I am sure I have seen Davidoff watches at TK Maxx before.

If you want a moonphase without spending a fortune then has anyone tried a Henry watch? Yes it is quartz but at £135 for a triple calendar moonphase without shopping around means you can't lose too much money

7 minutes ago, scottswatches said:

I am sure I have seen Davidoff watches at TK Maxx before.

If you want a moonphase without spending a fortune then has anyone tried a Henry watch? Yes it is quartz but at £135 for a triple calendar moonphase without shopping around means you can't lose too much money

This auto is only a few hundred more than that!

Well Davidoff aren't an esteemed maker, and so the 3 and the 9 thing is just them trying to create some interest... I have to say I like the case shape though and think it's attractive enough watch.  Its all a matter of cost really.

NOS available near me for far far less than original asking price

I cannot edit so will have to answer this separately - looking around the internet - that 'far less' should be about 20% of the original price. 

9 hours ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

Lung cancer never looked as sexy. 

So what would you rather have ?

On 23/07/2017 at 19:55, dougal74 said:

NOS available near me for far far less than original asking price.

Davidoff automatic moonphase day date GMT.

I think the fact that it is being offered at a "huge" discount would indicate it has not been the most popular seller. However if you really like it and aren't too worried about resale value, go for it. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

So what would you rather have ?

Just making a snide remark. Personally not a big fan of tobacco brands. Watch-wise it seems solid. Higher end 2892 movement + decent complication. If the discounts are anything like how much they sell for on amazon, then its a steal.

8 hours ago, it'salivejim said:

Strange comment :hmmm9uh:

Tis a tobacco brand.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

Just making a snide remark. Personally not a big fan of tobacco brands. Watch-wise it seems solid. Higher end 2892 movement + decent complication. If the discounts are anything like how much they sell for on amazon, then its a steal.

Apologies. Should have done my research.

Davidoff is a Swiss luxury tobacco goods brand .

This was enough to make me keep clear of their products.

davidoff-adventure-fragrance.jpg

nice to know you can "smell good" whilst in palliative care. 

Edited by WRENCH
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

Tis a tobacco brand.

Ah, I thought it was an aftershave, hence my confusion at your commment. I now have a vague recollection of Davidoff cigarettes.

I decided against it in the end. It felt good on the wrist but the silver of the numerals on the dial made the hands very hard to read. They had two designs - a) moonphase and date compax with GMT large hand and b) day/month with moonphase and date large hand. Both had alligator leather straps, display back & decorated movements. £670