• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Coldwarkid

Watchmaker in the North West

I'm just wondering if anybody knows of a watchmaker based anywhere near Bolton who they'd recommend to service a valjoux 7750 movement.

I was let down by the guy local to me last time I used him and have had a suggestion of a guy in Leigh, but he wants £150 and that's without me mentioning that the watch has a solid casebook so everything needs to come out through the crystal.

There isn't actually anything wrong with the watch at all. The chrono hands all line up and timekeeping is within spec but it's 5 years old and a keeper. 

Maybe I should leave it until it needs attention.

£150 is a pretty good price for a service on a 7750 (If it is done properly)

If you don't want to spend the money and the watch is running fine then leave it another couple of years (£10 per month over 2 years will pay for the service and leave some spare for unexpected extras) 

There are some good online options too. I used Swiss Time Services to service my Omega SMP.