• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Karrusel

'Venus Is Rising'

Roger's thread yesterday 'what would you wear the most' prompted me to get old faithful out & give her a bit of Cape Cod and a burnish.

This has been in my possession for around 30 years & has generally been my go to piece when travelling & probably most worn.  She has performed faultlessly (2 services) & sets a dream. 

1960's Venus Automatic

All SS case, 35mm woc. 19mm lugs.

Cal: 2452-2, 25 jewel.

large.IMG_3477.JPG.87ef6cd902158d68b13364a1f6a15bb1.JPG

Case back (on this pic) has not been fully screwed down as I will replace the seal. :yes:

large.IMG_3475.JPG.fae788e43478d5263fb7227630ce134a.JPG

large.59805cd49c9cc_IMG_3478(1).JPG.7a110455bb791964e20459ecae1178b6.JPGlarge.IMG_3480.JPG.41a39826fe3e7777a617c45a9f449841.JPG

large.IMG_3484.JPG.13ba9c351f4d6c5dbe5802dbf680668e.JPG

Although she carries a few scars I feel these belie her real age.......50 (ish) :whistle:

IMO,Venus certainly knew how to put a timepiece together then.

:biggrin:

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Fisher said:

Interesting to see the watch (rather than just the movement) branded Venus. I thought they used Venus for the movements and Minerva for the watches. 

They did produce complete watches in their own right but not many.......:biggrin:

As you say, they were primarily movement (excellent) manufacturers, supplying other watch houses (including Services).....hey Mach :biggrin:!

Edited by Karrusel
  • Like 2

They made some nice watches, yeah, but not were of this quality, sadly. I'd also mention Helvetia as a similar watch class, more or less. Also good quality but underappreciated.

• Like 2

That's a lovely watch. I'm definitely finding myself leaning more towards the simpler, elegant vintage pieces with smaller faces. 

I shall have to peruse the internets for ones like yours, I think. :)

• Thanks 1

A beauty Alan.......as plus it got the SBryantgb seal of approval , I get a ha ha :whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Beautiful watch & I love the "pie crust" bezel. :thumbsup: I can understand why, over the years, you have enjoyed both owning & wearing the watch regularly. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1