• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Hussle

The Russians have arrived!!!

Some of you know I ordered two Vostok watches some time ago (12/07/17) and guess what? They arrived today, a little late but never mind.

The unboxing started...........

large.IMG_20170815_121716.jpg.0c379c0b2df9d23b6b307a1bd16e84ff.jpglarge.IMG_20170815_121825.jpg.7d875f342cf7d0d0d056386cd538a13d.jpglarge.IMG_20170815_121913.jpg.3d076974c6b6a8ca2d9635b7b27d6fe0.jpg

To my surprise a little pin badge was also included. Nice touch.

The first is the Amphibia 200m 31 jewel auto, nice little watch measuring 39mm (44 inc crown) simple white face, no date, rotating bevel. This one is on an 18mm soft rubber strap with the stretch panels in, nice comfortable strap and seems well made. The watch is quite polished, has a high dome on the crystal and ticks along nicely. The bevel does not click, just smoothly slides around with a little resistance. The screw down crown is not the best quality and wobbles a little when setting the time/winding but seems secure enough. This may be changed.

large.IMG_20170815_123950.jpg.26a455b603823f44f7888f1c071880d8.jpg

The second is the Komandirskie 100m 32 jewel auto, again white face, nice lume, date, day/night window and hour window. Everything lines up nicely, not as high a dome as the Amphibia, again no click on the rotating bezel, on a metal bracelet with double locking clasp and Boctok logo. This watch also ticks along as it should, nice sweeping second hand and clear dial. Measures 43mm (47 with crown) and 14mm deep. The bracelet is not solid so a little hollow sounding when being handled but not on the wrist, looks good with a combination of brushed and polished panels, brushed clasp.

large.IMG_20170815_123931.jpg.7bf119af14127e2f5c224f85a58162a8.jpg

On the whole two nice watches for the money and I'm happy. There may be some small mods needed but I'm in no rush. I was a little disappointed with the time they took to come, I contacted the seller who said they had been held up at customs, however the Russian post stamp on the declaration shows 08/08/17 which is when it was supposed to be in my itchy little hands so not sure he posted it when he said he did.

They have both been set and wound and now the Komandirskie sits on my wrist, after removing a few links.

large.IMG_20170815_123916.jpg.6f14843f81b2eeaee3cd2d41f918c32f.jpg

large.IMG_20170815_131016.jpg.2a96297b0ad783269bf139df6d77a83b.jpglarge.IMG_20170815_131337.jpg.41750437dfbeb4a6e10e678129373441.jpg

• Like 10

@Hussle some info re crown.

Many novices are alarmed by the characteristic "wobbly crown", but this is part of the design feature, with extra benefits.

Like the designs detailed before, the Amphibia crown and stem assembly incoporates a clutch between the two pieces, hidden inside the crown: they are coupled only when the crown is pulled slightly away from the stem, otherwise they are decoupled and the crown wobbles somewhat in relation to the stem. During winding - and time setting - the crown needs to be manually pulled away slightly as it does not incorporate an internal spring, eliminating the pressures imparted on the keyless works, and the inherent "wobble" prevents the stem from getting bent.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Coldwarkid said:

That's the first komanderski I've seen that I really like. Nice buy.

Same here that's why I got it. So far it's definitely worth £40 of anyones money. 

Excellent arent they :thumbsup:. I got the Vostok bug and assembled quite a few, affordable to do so.

As Wrench said the wobbly crown is part of the design and charm of these watches.

No quick date, just wind til the date changes, then wind back to 8  and forward again past twelve, the date will move on.

Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

I didn't know that, thanks @RWP, fortunately it wasn't that far out when I set it. I'll know for next time.

I also didn't know about the day/night indicator until I had a close look, nice little extra. 

22 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

@Hussle some info re crown.

Cheers for the info. It does have quite a wobble but like the info you posted says, pull it and it locks so it can be turned. The crown is brushed, fairly solid and chunky, not like it's been stamped out of metal. When it's screwed down it's perfect. If only they made them with crown guards. 

• Like 1

Very nice, I like both :thumbs_up:

What's the white square cut out of the dial between the centre of the dial and the word Komandirskie?

Is it a day/ night indicator?

hussle

don't know who's address & number  is on the package but if its yours I would remove the image or black it out , you never know who's looking !! if it has no meaning disregard my suggestion

I love a white dial is a understatement , I like both so will read  with interest :thumbsup:

deano

19 minutes ago, Ullevi said:

Very nice, I like both :thumbs_up:

What's the white square cut out of the dial between the centre of the dial and the word Komandirskie?

Is it a day/ night indicator?

Yes that's the day/night indicator. White is day, black is night.

6 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

hussle

don't know who's address & number  is on the package but if its yours I would remove the image or black it out , you never know who's looking !! if it has no meaning disregard my suggestion

I love a white dial is a understatement , I like both so will read  with interest :thumbsup:

deano

That's the guy in Russia who sells on Ebay. Good idea though.

The white dial is the reason I chose these as I don't have any white dial watches. Well didn't have, now have two!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Hopefully my watch will be on its way, same problem. :thumbsup:

@Hussle you need to start looking at bezel mods now.:laughing2dw:

large.1501929291618-396467291.jpg.b45b236f4b20b2a0ce0500d7c1c2e1f7.jpglarge.IMG_20170505_081201.jpg.3c9b35337cb222f3f85dd8824458f3df.jpg

At least there were no fees from RM. He did write a very low amount on the declaration!

Don't get me started, I'm enjoying it for what it is at the moment, I'm not looking at bezels.............yet

Edited by Hussle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1