UK Watch Forum banner

A watch got noticed......

1K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  SBryantgb 
#1 ·
I was at a filling station when someone even older than me ( in his 80s) stopped and asked for directions to hotel. He had been driving since three in the morning with his wife from Hertfordshire to meet his daughter and celebrate his 62nd wedding anniversary. Hopelessly lost on the wrong side of Exeter.

Back to the watch, he had a Rolex on and oddly he commented on my Citizen Promaster first :)

A lost WIS.

In in the spirit of WISery, and because he was falling asleep, I got him to follow me through Exeter and took him to his hotel.

Stick together WIS :) ( I would have done it a way).

Nice getting my Promaster noticed :thumbsup:

35761031370_a803ff8dbf_b.jpg

Hope they have a great anniversary, and I liked his Rolex.

Cheers :)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Good man, Roger...

budswordsm.jpg

:thumbs_up: :partytime:

#6 ·
I think i mentioned it but for the first time ever someone noticed my watch this week (new C ward)

I was working in a hospital side room and the ill patient (old chap) asked if it was a Rolex, I told him noooo not on my wages!

Anyway he kept asking about it so I tool it off and handed it over whilst I was working, he had a good look and seemed very impressed

There is part of me that wishes that id left it with him (but i am quite taken with the watch and my missus would kill me)

#11 ·
In in the spirit of WISery, and because he was falling asleep, I got him to follow me through Exeter and took him to his hotel.
A good deed done Rog :thumbsup: Your obviously one of the good 'un's - plenty would just say 'sorry mate no idea' and carry on about their day - I bet he commented that night to a fair few people about the nice chap that helped them out :yes:

World needs a few more RWP's :thumbsup:

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
So a man of considerable years and dare I say able to size up a winning situation (a Rolex owner), espys an erstwhile lackey (a citizen wearing erstwhile youngster in his eyes only) to do his bidding. Which results in a secondary win in that he is also able to dump a wilting bouquet from the cossetted leather interior of his automobile on said lackey. If you hd worn the green beret or commando or whatever it is you might have also been asked to help pump his petrol :thumbsup:

#21 ·
No I drove, but I noticed he stayed well back, and I have a habit of being a bit casual about speed limits, I know where the cameras are. He kept to the speed limit and I had to be careful not to lose him.

Amazing thing is he had driven from Tunbridge Wells to Exeter on the coast road, via Bournmouth. No wonder he was tired, oh and he overshot Exeter and went half way to Torquay before I found him on the outskirts of Exeter, the wrong outskirts :laugh:

good god they let you drive ?

or did you amble in front of his automobile with a red flag :laugh:

:notworthy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.