• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Micro brand watches suggestions

Slim2500

21 hours ago, Montybaber said:

I think they are (but not 100% on the definition) brilliant value at sale price, I would put my trident right up there with my old Seamaster, yep that impressed!

CW claim to sell something like 30k watches a year, in a very oblique way. That's more than most watch companies. They are not a microbrand. Mind you. a member just posted that he was still waiting for a refund on a watch he sent back and was told they are still processing watches received back on the 30th August. So I guess returns negate sales somewhat.

Just to balance all those who praise their customer service, go over to the CW forum and read the horror stories, particularly in respect of the last sale. The best one for me? The member who complained to the company that he didn't get the right box for his watch, only to be told they decided not to send them with sale watches and if he wanted an original box, that would cost him an extra £25. That's verging on consumer fraud, something they have brushed with in the past. Indeed, in one case, when the legality of something they were doing was questioned on the forum, the item was soon removed from their website. 

Edited by Caller.

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 23:26, Slim2500 said:

Which model do you own ?

The Dual Time, green dial with PVD case, two straps and buckles supplied as well. I wear it on the brown strap. There are other flavours. Sadly, the green only came on PVD. Its still unmarked 2-years on.

oGRt1t6TkeD7V4SeyYWw-fUMe3JjGvVauZuM27Vu

NgGbOCSGENZo4MIsOgeqp6TU1eMrVeXaSGtgueV-

jkztkMLT-NkCWTk-djMi6OVkpnKvBFhWcPjIipdi

GkINj5k24MuqPG4k1Tg-ixLVuBw15BGWvhzHHuGE

TTrI0w0SJ0K0-y0oXNsK8IsUBxtYBQmZCflsl5se

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Caller. said:

CW claim to sell something like 30k watches a year, in a very oblique way. That's more than most watch companies. They are not a microbrand. Mind you. a member just posted that he was still waiting for a refund on a watch he sent back and was told they are still processing watches received back on the 30th August. So I guess returns negate sales somewhat.

Just to balance all those who praise their customer service, go over to the CW forum and read the horror stories, particularly in respect of the last sale. The best one for me? The member who complained to the company that he didn't get the right box for his watch, only to be told they decided not to send them with sale watches and if he wanted an original box, that would cost him an extra £25. That's verging on consumer fraud, something they have brushed with in the past. Indeed, in one case, when the legality of something they were doing was questioned on the forum, the item was soon removed from their website. 

There is horror stories from every brand to be fair, I could tell you one or two about a couple of other 'microbrands' but you have to accept that it is inevitable that the odd bad experience is always going to be shouted from the rooftops (unlike 99% of satisfied customers experiences) id also add that their returns policy is so good (a huge positive) it would be unfair to complain about waiting times due to the number of customers taking advantage of it

comparing the number of CW's sold against Citizen/Seiko/Timex etc it is certainly not a mainstream brand although yes a lot more successful than Timefactors, Scurfa etc, like I said earlier in the thread I am not sure they fit under the 'microbrand' description but I would challenge anyone to find fault with the Trident 600 against the standard (sale) price point

I should know, I have tried most of them :) 

Marcello C are incredible value but I prefer a few 'touches of individuality' in the sea of Sub homages

I am no CW fanboy, I judge each watch on its own merit and it is testament to the Trident that it has been worn (on occassion) over my idea of dive perfection the SubC

Plenty of good watches about though, was just adding my thoughts to the mix

Edited by Montybaber
  • Like 1

large.IMG_20170707_151338929.jpg.8525d6a61a6595cf3c4f9bf2aa3746b1.jpg

Pointtec, from Munich, produces under three commercial brands, Zeppelin, Junkers and Maximilian. This Junkers G38 carries a reliable Miyota (God knows why with it's balance stamped with "Fine german wristwatches") and it's tagged well under the 300 limit, bought it a few weeks ago in Reading!!

Edited by Doolittle

• 3 months later...