• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Newlyinlove

Seiko Vintage Fans pls help :)

Hi Guys :)

I‘m just ‚newly-in-love‘ with vintage watches. It came only by accident b/c I saw a 7169-7060 Seiko Sportmatic 5 Deluxe on EBay- and had to have it! :rolleyes: Now it‘s really mine and I would really love to know everything about this watch, the movement, the Sportsmatic-series and so on. Does anyone know anything referring to that? I would be glad for comments from you guys... 

Thx a lot in advance and keep on going 

Newly-in-love from Berlin/Germany 

PS: watchleuths says it‘s made in January of 1966 - or is it 1976?

PPs: I guess you guys would say it‘s ‚over polished‘ - but for me as a newby it‘s okay like this... but is it a frank :huh: ? What do you think? 

on EBay

The Seiko 5, with all its variants, is well-covered on the internet, and you should be able to find out the information you are looking for. I myself have covered a few Seiko history moments in topics, but not the Seiko 5 series, and I am always aware that there are Seiko experts here on the Forum. Perhaps you ought to place your request for information in a more relevant section on the Forum because the Seiko 5 watches tend not to be generally linked in the mind with the term "vintage" - a fact that has nothing to do with quality but more to do with the fact that Seiko 5 watches have been in production right up to the present time.

• Thanks 1

Hi Always „watching“

and thx a lot for your answer! I agree, I found much on the 5-series- but the Sportsmatic seem to be the most unpopular under the 5s. Ididn‘t find much.   

:thumbsup: