• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Delivery from Germany

His long should a delivery from Germany take ? Here's my experience. Coupled with the worst customer care I have ever encountered.

Travel History

Date/Time
Activity  

05/10/2017 - Thursday
01:13
Departed FedEx location

STOKE ON TRENT GB

04/10/2017 - Wednesday
03:17
In transit

STANSTED GB

02:26
At local FedEx facility

STANSTED GB

03/10/2017 - Tuesday
08:43
At destination sort facility

STANSTED GB

01:00
Departed FedEx location

ROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FR

00:09
In transit

30/09/2017 - Saturday
23:00
At local FedEx facility

In transit

29/09/2017 - Friday
At local FedEx facility

04:26
In transit

03:30
At local FedEx facility

03:30
In transit

00:21
Arrived at FedEx location

28/09/2017 - Thursday
In transit

MUNICH AIRPORT DE

22:37
In transit

MUNICH AIRPORT DE

21:43
In transit

MUNICH AIRPORT DE

20:30
Left FedEx origin facility

GARCHING DE

20:20
In transit

GARCHING DE

19:55
In transit

GARCHING DE

13:46
Picked up

GARCHING DE

27/09/2017 - Wednesday
08:48
Shipment information sent to FedEx
  • Like 1
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you are. Agreed, good communication avoids a lot of potential problems. In this case a good old fashioned telephone call sorted things out, as per @PC-Magician's suggestion. 

His long should a delivery from Germany take ? Here's my experience. Coupled with the worst customer care I have ever encountered. Travel History   D

Disappointing to say the least Wrench. It would appear the carrier/carrier's have let you down down badly.  I'm also assuming Steinhart CS have been remiss in responding to your concerns ? I

Disappointing to say the least Wrench.

It would appear the carrier/carrier's have let you down down badly.  I'm also assuming Steinhart CS have been remiss in responding to your concerns ?

I would certainly be firing off a email to the organ grinder requesting an explanation.  I would also mention that you are a member of TWF which has the facility of showcasing the good & 'bad' of manufacturers products & moreover.......customer relations.

My dealings with them in the past have been exemplary, the last purchase took 2 days to arrive.

Let's hope your timepiece arrives shortly.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Good luck. I ordered a Steinhart recently from Gnomon and it arrived in 2 days, free shipping included with purchase. I was extremely surprised. Not that I'm rubbing it in our anything, just baffled. Then again I guess mine came from Singapore. Still wouldn't think that would make the difference. What you just displayed is absolutely bonkers!

31 minutes ago, Karrusel said:

Disappointing to say the least Wrench.

It would appear the carrier/carrier's have let you down down badly.  I'm also assuming Steinhart CS have been remiss in responding to your concerns ?

I would certainly be firing off a email to the organ grinder requesting an explanation.  I would also mention that you are a member of TWF which has the facility of showcasing the good & 'bad' of manufacturers products & moreover.......customer relations.

My dealings with them in the past have been exemplary, the last purchase took 2 days to arrive.

Let's hope your timepiece arrives shortly.

:thumbsup:

My previous Steinhart was ordered from a UK supplier who is held in high regard amongst collectors as one of the "good guys". Everything went smoothly, excellent communication and service delivered on time. I know many of you have bought direct hassle free, but for me this transaction has been wrong from the start. Primarily as a result of the appalling attitude of FedEx, exacerbated by Steinhart not answering email's. I do not think at point of order, a simple polite e-mail asking for an estimated delivery time is asking too much. Two days wasted waiting for deliveries that don't materialise, hours of wasted time on " help lines" and waiting on return calls that don't return. Never again. Looking on the bright side my payment is protected.:)

19 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Good luck. I ordered a Steinhart recently from Gnomon and it arrived in 2 days, free shipping included with purchase. I was extremely surprised. Not that I'm rubbing it in our anything, just baffled. Then again I guess mine came from Singapore. Still wouldn't think that would make the difference. What you just displayed is absolutely bonkers!

Yes Jay, it is bonkers,I've had stuff from China in four working days hassle free. Let's hope this is a one off, and I have just been unlucky in my experience. I had mentioned in a previous post a while back that I intended to purchase one of their ST1 premium watches, but at the moment, based on my experience to date,  I don't think I'll bother. :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

This looks appallingly long-winded.  Don't FedEx fly from Munich to Stansted or is it more that Steinhart haven't sent the watch with express delivery.  

The last watch I bought from Germany arrived in 24 hours by FedEx but the seller ( a jeweller in Dusseldorf) sent it with guaranteed delivery.   When yours arrives take a look at the packaging to see what class of sending was used then act accordingly. 

International air transportation works in mysterious and complex ways... Although one would believe that if an item departs Germany it then goes in a straight line to the UK, for example, in reality it can fly around Europe or even the World through connecting flights due to logistical reasons (that don't always make sense).

It could have been a lot worse. I sent something to Russia and it took 3 weeks to "get" to them.

28 minutes ago, ong said:

This looks appallingly long-winded.  Don't FedEx fly from Munich to Stansted or is it more that Steinhart haven't sent the watch with express delivery.  

The last watch I bought from Germany arrived in 24 hours by FedEx but the seller ( a jeweller in Dusseldorf) sent it with guaranteed delivery.   When yours arrives take a look at the packaging to see what class of sending was used then act accordingly. 

Update 

Thankfully a driver at my nearest FedEx depot has the concept of customer care and has been able to rectify the situation that the designated customer care department couldn't. The parcel has been delivered, poorly packed with the outer cardboard box looking like it has been kicked around a football field. Virtually no protection whatsoever, one thin layer of bubble wrap.large.IMG_20171005_101052.jpg.020506d30d16ecedc0fc25f254efe16d.jpglarge.IMG_20171005_101043.jpg.2e6dc143d29b05d6ac17e0a43ea30f75.jpglarge.IMG_20171005_101039.jpg.39269903b5741dfd180a16a53c02242f.jpg

To date I have had no reply from the manufacturer and I am totally disgusted with the whole episode. It would be nice to hope for a satisfactory outcome, but I somehow doubt it.

9 minutes ago, PC-Magician said:

Social media may well induce a response or possibly a phone call maybe even both.

Have had poorly packed items from a number of manufactures they never seem to learn.

It is unfortunate, and as a rule I avoid "washing my dirty linen in public" so to speak, but when I have several polite emails left unanswered it is very disappointing. 

Just now, WRENCH said:

It is unfortunate, and as a rule I avoid "washing my dirty linen in public" so to speak, but when I have several polite emails left unanswered it is very disappointing. 

I would feel exactly the same.

They do need to be brought to book one way or another.

4 minutes ago, RWP said:

Is the watch in one piece Wrench?

Considering it was rattling around inside the box there are no visible signs, I have left it with the plastic wrap on and wound it up to see what the timekeeping is like, fingers crossed, at least when things go wrong for me its spectacular.:laughing2dw:

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

Considering it was rattling around inside the box there are no visible signs, I have left it with the plastic wrap on and wound it up to see what the timekeeping is like, fingers crossed, at least when things go wrong for me its spectacular.:laughing2dw:

Try in various positions.

Sorry to teach you how to suck eggs.:notworthy:

Positive update. 

My very kind German friend called them on my behalf, it would appear that there is an internal communication problem and that any queries should be sent to their after sales department and not the contact email. Confusing or what ? anyway, a new box is being sent, faith restored. It still does not excuse the poor packaging. The previous one I received came packed that well you could have driven a truck over it. In retrospect I should have ordered it from the same source as before, you live and learn. :)

• Like 1

I've heard a few bad stories about FedEx, strange really when you consider they are one of the big boys... Things do go wrong, but they should do there best to put it right and then no one would have cause to complain really. There's certainly no excuse for un-answered emails, not in this day and age.

36 minutes ago, deano1956 said:

"all's well that ends well" and " you live and learn" seem two prefect analogies wrench for this one :thumbsup: do we have a image of what you bought  yet?

deano

Here you are.

large.IMG_20171005_163400.jpg.236a7fd39e9502df72db863622fadcae.jpg

7 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

I've heard a few bad stories about FedEx, strange really when you consider they are one of the big boys... Things do go wrong, but they should do there best to put it right and then no one would have cause to complain really. There's certainly no excuse for un-answered emails, not in this day and age.

Agreed, good communication avoids a lot of potential problems. In this case a good old fashioned telephone call sorted things out, as per @PC-Magician's suggestion. :thumbsup:

• Like 4
8 hours ago, WRENCH said:

Update 

Thankfully a driver at my nearest FedEx depot has the concept of customer care and has been able to rectify the situation that the designated customer care department couldn't. The parcel has been delivered, poorly packed with the outer cardboard box looking like it has been kicked around a football field. Virtually no protection whatsoever, one thin layer of bubble wrap.large.IMG_20171005_101052.jpg.020506d30d16ecedc0fc25f254efe16d.jpglarge.IMG_20171005_101043.jpg.2e6dc143d29b05d6ac17e0a43ea30f75.jpglarge.IMG_20171005_101039.jpg.39269903b5741dfd180a16a53c02242f.jpg

To date I have had no reply from the manufacturer and I am totally disgusted with the whole episode. It would be nice to hope for a satisfactory outcome, but I somehow doubt it.

It's a badge of honour to get a CW delivered with the outer box bashed up in the corner. It almost as if it's a rite of passage! Not that that helps you of course, but the watch itself is lovely.

• Thanks 1