Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Pocket watch recommendations


Recommended Posts

I'm kind of interested in a pocket watch, manual winder. Something with an exhibition back and decorated movement.

I don't really care if it's Swiss or Seagull, just want known quality. New preferred, but I'm guessing that's near impossible, so I'll let that go if need be.

Thanks fellas!

Price, under $500

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JayDeep said:

I'm kind of interested in a pocket watch, manual winder. Something with an exhibition back and decorated movement.

I don't really care if it's Swiss or Seagull, just want known quality. New preferred, but I'm guessing that's near impossible, so I'll let that go if need be.

Thanks fellas!

Price, under $500

Have a look at,

Orient CDD00001W Pocket watch. A bit small but quality and new. Tissot also are worth a look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WRENCH said:

Have a look at,

Orient CDD00001W Pocket watch. A bit small but quality and new. Tissot also are worth a look.

Not bad at all. I mean you're right, it's small, especially for my taste, but it will remain a contender for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell you what, @JayDeep....I have an Ouyi PW that I bought from a long departed member from Canada. It's practically brand new, has a surprisingly nice Chinese skeleton movement that enables you to see the workings, and keyless work...and I never wear it. Seeing as you have been so generous in the past, if you would like it....even if only to try out using a PW, it's yours, gratis. Just PM me your addy, and I'll get it off pronto.

large.Watchpics014-1.JPG.90fe7abb78aefb409af0a9a2e2db71d8.JPGlarge.Watchpics015.JPG.4516482728d4f57f02ca0646b16e15e7.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton 996 or Illinois Bunn Special..both 21 jewel versions...used....fully serviced....on ebay.  Check feedback . Make sure it was timed and says excellent accuracy and offers a refund if not as described. My opinion. 

Oh, with a salesmen's display back, but not the cheap repo display cases out there. You will know because they all look the same and are poorly made.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

Tell you what, @JayDeep....I have an Ouyi PW that I bought from a long departed member from Canada. It's practically brand new, has a surprisingly nice Chinese skeleton movement that enables you to see the workings, and keyless work...and I never wear it. Seeing as you have been so generous in the past, if you would like it....even if only to try out using a PW, it's yours, gratis. Just PM me your addy, and I'll get it off pronto.

large.Watchpics014-1.JPG.90fe7abb78aefb409af0a9a2e2db71d8.JPGlarge.Watchpics015.JPG.4516482728d4f57f02ca0646b16e15e7.JPG

Amazing offer from a "Superman" (think that's what I see in the reflection of the second picture, a Superman symbol t-shirt), and while I always chastise others for looking a gift house in the mouth, I'm looking for something with a standard, not skeletonized dial, just an exhibition back. I've never been a fan of skeletonized dials.

So thank you, thank you, thank you so, so much, but I've got something in mind, an itch I need to scratch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JayDeep said:

Amazing offer from a "Superman" (think that's what I see in the reflection of the second picture, a Superman symbol t-shirt), and while I always chastise others for looking a gift house in the mouth, I'm looking for something with a standard, not skeletonized dial, just an exhibition back. I've never been a fan of skeletonized dials.

So thank you, thank you, thank you so, so much, but I've got something in mind, an itch I need to scratch.

Not a problem, Jay...I'll put it away for the next person looking to try a PW.:thumbsup:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JayDeep said:

Thanks again for such an awesome offer. I'm very flattered!!!

PS, was that a Superman shirt you were wearing?

I've been busted! I'd just got in from saving the Seiko factory from being destroyed by an earthquake, and hadn't put my shirt and tie back on.....:thumbsup:

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...