• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

My 'new' Timex Electric

Great looking watch! I don't know if it is still in existence, but there used to be a whole website dedicated to Timex watches. This is a perfect example of how they would take existing technology, cut production costs so the everyday person could afford one, them mount them in great looking cases with innovative dials! There is no way back then when I was making $1.25 an hour (which equals .986887657 half sterlings or quarter pences or euros or whatever you guys are using over there, this week) that I could afford $89.00 for a Hamilton Electric. But I could save and eventually get a Timex Electric for about $25.00.   Welcome to the Electric Watch Forum!

• 3 months later...

cool - the dial code indicates this one is from 1980. Or that is how I read it from the photo.

The Timex Watch Forum on Network54 is no more.  I was among the cast of characters who contributed to it for many years.  Timex like Time marches on and so do their vintage watches.

Timex entered the battery powered race in 1962 and had many different styles and movements.  What is really cool about some of them ( the latter Taiwan made are less quality but great styling) is how easy 

it is to get them running again. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2018 at 17:13, Sometimes its Gus said:

THis takes me back to my 21st when I got a timex. little did I realise the value of what I was given and wore it out and lost it years later. 30 years on I wish I had been more careful.

If you got good use of it, then it did its job. Don't regret mate.