• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Just can't let go

Yes, I feel this way about most of them that I have left. My main way of selling a watch is through ebay. Unless all the ones a person wants to see are in very high demand or very rare and there is a good chance there will be a bidding frenzy (none of mine, really), after ebay and Paypal takes their 13-15% total, you can end up  really getting very little .  Also, soon as you start wearing some of your fabulous condition watches on a regular basis, and you have to add those many new normal wear scratches to the description when selling time comes, you can expect to get a lot less at selling time. Funny, I never had this problem letting go when it came to past collections...Victrolas, jukeboxes, military uniforms, etc. By the way, DEEP. I think the watch you showed is one of the best constructed I have ever owned. It's a brute...but look at it, how could you sell it...and the prices have dropped on used ones, for sure.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Ted said:

Yes, I feel this way about most of them that I have left. My main way of selling a watch is through ebay. Unless all the ones a person wants to see are in very high demand or very rare and there is a good chance there will be a bidding frenzy (none of mine, really), after ebay and Paypal takes their 13-15% total, you can end up  really getting very little .  Also, soon as you start wearing some of your fabulous condition watches on a regular basis, and you have to add those many new normal wear scratches to the description when selling time comes, you can expect to get a lot less at selling time. Funny, I never had this problem letting go when it came to past collections...Victrolas, jukeboxes, military uniforms, etc. By the way, DEEP. I think the watch you showed is one of the best constructed I have ever owned. It's a brute...but look at it, how could you sell it...and the prices have dropped on used ones, for sure.

It's true and I cannot let it go.

I reckon the non-chrono version is even better, an absolutely amazing looking chunk of metal in the flesh:

20161128_091052

Surprisingly, I think the one I should probably let go is this one, it rarely gets worn but I just can't bring myself to part with it:

DSCF2135

Simply the best looking watch I've ever owned, I really must start wearing it more :yes: