• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Another JayDeep giveaway

JayDeep

Alright ladies and gents. I'm having another blind giveaway, in which I won't be telling or showing you what the watch is. Just one watch this time.

I'll give it a business week from now. That's 5 days to get your submissions in.

Simple rule, guess what I'm giving away and the closest wins, based on what I deem to be so by a point system I've come up with. IMPORTANT DETAIL: You have to submit a picture for your guess, simple words will NOT suffice.

I'll give you a few helpful hints.

1. It's not my typical cup of tea.

2. It's one I've had the second longest in my collection.

3. Major brownie points if you submit a picture you've taken, of your own watch, be it something you currently own or from the past. (Be sure to notate such in your post, working on the honor system here so I'll take you at your word.)

And...... Go!

• Like 1

I'm not sure how long you've been collecting watches, but most of yours seem to be pretty big, and in a diver's style.  I reckon that might be a red herring though, and I think your preference has probably changed over the years (I was going to say "matured", but that's probably the wrong word... :whistle:).  I'll have a stab in the dark and say it will be something along the lines of this 1990's digital timepiece from Oakley, which is nothing like your usual style:

2013-03-26 11.50.13

Hopefully it won't be quite as dusty as mine :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrzee said:

@JayDeep Wow you seem like a really nice chap with all the giveways!!!

Hahahaha @Davey P is right. There's nothing I do that isn't about me. I giveaway because I hate dealing with eBay and all the fees and liability with shipping. Plus it costs time. With a giveaway I can ship it out when I get around to it.

Heck my last giveaway I didn't ship the watches until 5 months later. Lol

Besides, this is about narrowing my collection down to those that actually matter to me. Trying to be more selective and focused, like @Montybaber has recently done. Maybe not to the same degree, but in the same fashion. This is one of the very few places he and I agree. A smaller, more manageable and respectable collection.

And it makes me feel good to share. I know they're going to good homes and people I quite like. So you see, it's all about me.

Anyway, where's your entry picture?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting idea for a giveaway. I'll try this one based on never having seen you post a picture of a digital watch. However, back in the day you used to be a marathon runner but whilst out training one day you were caught in a flash flood and realised that you were an exceptionally strong swimmer and started to enter triathlons instead. As your watch was totalled in the deluge you bought a Timex Ironman of some sort to replace it. Here's one of mine....I look forward to receiving my prize in due course. Thanks very much.

large.20170821_002122.jpg.f5bfdcc5d2a00ca19eda2acb66a7bcf2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very varied guesses so far. Quite intriguing and, honestly, nobody even got close. But I've decided on a winner and I'll tell you who and why.

@kanab22, because I love people who get creative with things and he totally made up a crazy story that's nowhere near anything like me and I absolutely loved it. He went against the grain and that's who I am, a countergrainer.

Plus my first watch was a Timex Ironman, so you got me at hello.

So PM me your details @kanab22...

• Like 1