• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Jonesinamillion

Editing posts

It appears after Quote then comes Options then Bookmark but I believe it is only editable for a limited amount of time.

You should see  @  +  Quote   Edit   Options   Bookmark    along bottom of post as you write it.

Edited by brummie1875

It seems there is a bit of a wobble with editing, for some reason I ended up with three posts the same and can't edit any of them as the edit feature seems to have disappeared.

Or have to many V&RB's been consumed

:laugh: :laugh:

For members, you have 'about' 15 minutes to edit a post. After this period, the edit option doesn't show. This has always been the norm. If you make a typo in the thread title, this isn't editable after posting, so check before hitting 'Submit'. 

If the inevitable happens, and your thread title is wrong, or maybe you did a multiple post by mistake, just contact your favourite mod (:)), by PM, and we'll sort it......that's what we're here for....:thumbsup: 

.......oh, and that massive cock up has been sorted, Bond.....:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

See...we're human, after all....:laugh:

• Like 2

Pray tell Rog, just how did you manage to sort out the Commander's massive  ---- -- problem? :whistle:

or am I reading that wrong again? :rofl:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is editing a post (within 15 minutes) a feature that I will get after 50 posts? I have yet to see the edit option at all. I see the + and quote etc, but no edit function, even seconds after posting. 

And while I'm here - for how long after are posts merged, if I write one post, then another in the same thread?

Thanks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is editing a post (within 15 minutes) a feature that I will get after 50 posts? I have yet to see the edit option at all. I see the + and quote etc, but no edit function, even seconds after posting. 

And while I'm here - for how long after are posts merged, if I write one post, then another in the same thread?

Thanks!

The edit function should appear when you get to 50 posts...as will several other features. You will have around 15 minutes to edit a post. After that, you will have to ask a mod to edit it for you. Only the mods/admin can do this. Regarding posts being merged, you would need to wait for approx 30 mins before posting again, or until someone replies to your last post. Once that happens, even if it's only a few seconds later, your next post won't merge with your previous one.

• Like 1

May I also thank you Rog @Roger the Dodger for that useful information for members given in your two (widely spaced timewise) posts on this thread. I must admit that even though I am a mod and should know better, I was not aware of all the details pertaining to the edit function.:thumbsup:

• Like 1