Jump to content
  • Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Recommended Posts

It appears after Quote then comes Options then Bookmark but I believe it is only editable for a limited amount of time.

You should see  @  +  Quote   Edit   Options   Bookmark    along bottom of post as you write it.

 

 

Edited by brummie1875
Link to post
Share on other sites

For members, you have 'about' 15 minutes to edit a post. After this period, the edit option doesn't show. This has always been the norm. If you make a typo in the thread title, this isn't editable after posting, so check before hitting 'Submit'. 

If the inevitable happens, and your thread title is wrong, or maybe you did a multiple post by mistake, just contact your favourite mod (:)), by PM, and we'll sort it......that's what we're here for....:thumbsup: 

.......oh, and that massive cock up has been sorted, Bond.....:laugh::laugh::thumbsup:

See...we're human, after all....:laugh:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is editing a post (within 15 minutes) a feature that I will get after 50 posts? I have yet to see the edit option at all. I see the + and quote etc, but no edit function, even seconds after posting. 

 

And while I'm here - for how long after are posts merged, if I write one post, then another in the same thread?

Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DJJazzyJeff said:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is editing a post (within 15 minutes) a feature that I will get after 50 posts? I have yet to see the edit option at all. I see the + and quote etc, but no edit function, even seconds after posting. 

 

And while I'm here - for how long after are posts merged, if I write one post, then another in the same thread?

Thanks!

The edit function should appear when you get to 50 posts...as will several other features. You will have around 15 minutes to edit a post. After that, you will have to ask a mod to edit it for you. Only the mods/admin can do this. Regarding posts being merged, you would need to wait for approx 30 mins before posting again, or until someone replies to your last post. Once that happens, even if it's only a few seconds later, your next post won't merge with your previous one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
6 hours ago, Geth21 said:

Glad I've just found this spent ages trying to find edit earlier but looks like I need more posts :character0275:

The edit function has changed slightly since the forum software update a few months ago. Whereas the edit button used to appear below your post, it is now secreted within the three small, square dots at the top R of your post. Click on them and several options appear, one of which is the edit function. You have around 15 minutes to edit a post for typos, wrong pics, etc, after which the facility ends and you will then have to ask a mod to effect a change to your post. I'm not sure if new members still have to reach 50 posts before the edit function is enabled...perhaps you could let me know if it is available to you yet, Geth. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Roger the Dodger said:

The edit function has changed slightly since the forum software update a few months ago. Whereas the edit button used to appear below your post, it is now secreted within the three small, square dots at the top R of your post. Click on them and several options appear, one of which is the edit function. You have around 15 minutes to edit a post for typos, wrong pics, etc, after which the facility ends and you will then have to ask a mod to effect a change to your post. I'm not sure if new members still have to reach 50 posts before the edit function is enabled...perhaps you could let me know if it is available to you yet, Geth. Thanks.

Thanks Roger, I'll give it a go and let you know 

Looks like you still need the 50 posts.  The only options I get are Report and Share when clicking the three dots.

Screenshot_20201105-061655

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Geth21 said:

Thanks Roger, I'll give it a go and let you know 

Looks like you still need the 50 posts.  The only options I get are Report and Share when clicking the three dots.

Screenshot_20201105-061655

 

Thanks for that...I wasn't quite sure since the upgrade. At least you're over halfway there now with 28 posts! See my post (about 6 above) regarding the merging of posts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...