• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Stuno1

Tudor pelagos has arrived

Bought it from Fraser Hart. Managed 10% off and free first service. Went for the blue one as I already have black faced watches. It is bloody fantastic! It wears a lot smaller than I thought it would. The blue isn’t as vibrant as I feared and is really nice. The quality of the case and strap is really really good. Very comfy on the wrist as well. The deployment clasp is something else. The micro adjustments available give you that bit more of a perfect fit and I love the way it functions from an opening and closing perspective. The bezel sounds and feels lovely to use as does the crown. The lume is also incredible. A very very nice watch indeed. I can now leave it over the weekend knowing when I come to use it on Monday it will still be running. It’s also very accurate so requires far less frequent alteration compared to my longines it replaces as my daily. Sorry for the poor images.

0ECE046E-A959-4859-B71E-A0FF6243D979_zps

371C11A8-DA45-42CB-9CDA-C790914A77AC_zps

Edited by Stuno1
  • Like 13

Very nice. I was in the Westfield Stratford store only yesterday and I got a £599 pair of earrings for £479. They were giving 20% off of everything I think. I noticed one Tudor watch in a display case (don’t know which model but it had a black strap with red stitching) that was reduced from £2;500 or £2,600 ish to £2,050. Seemed a bargain to me. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, odyseus10 said:

Very nice :) I assume it's Titanium??

It is indeed titanium. My first watch with this material. Amazing how little it weighs. Nice feel on the skin as well. 

5 minutes ago, Craftycockney said:

Welcome to the club my friend! 

20160628_125726.jpg

Ah nice! Cheers. I was intending to by a Rolex explorer 2 but 6k and I prefer this to be honest. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve D UK said:

Very nice. I was in the Westfield Stratford store only yesterday and I got a £599 pair of earrings for £479. They were giving 20% off of everything I think. I noticed one Tudor watch in a display case (don’t know which model but it had a black strap with red stitching) that was reduced from £2;500 or £2,600 ish to £2,050. Seemed a bargain to me. 

I dont think ear rings are my thing 

I have always fancied a 24 ct rose gold signet ring but have never got round to getting one 

• Haha 2

Love the blue version, think I might upgrade my Black Bay Blue to one at some point. Is the glide clasp as good as it looks?

The blue is a very noticeable watch, when a new neighbour came over to introduce himself, the first thing I noticed was the Blue Pelagos on his wrist. A real ice-breaker as he was really pleased!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, relaxer7 said:

Love the blue version, think I might upgrade my Black Bay Blue to one at some point. Is the glide clasp as good as it looks?

It is. I went in thinking it was a gimic but it really isn’t. The micro adjustment makes a really meaningful difference to the comfort of the watch. The spring element really is functional and I won’t use it as it’s for diving. My omega seamaster Aqua terra has half links to aid in a better fit but the Tudor mechanism is much better. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

I would not say its an upgrade to be honest , the Black Bays and the Pel's wear very differently and are a breed apart. The price difference is purely in the parts spec of the Pel'. So if you were to jump from BB to Pelagos I think you would have a very different watch wearing experience in my opinion. Both fabulous watches of course.

Agreed. The draw of the pelagos for me was the power reserve, accuracy, finish (hides marks better than polished surfaces), the deployment clasp, the date complication etc

The BB is a different watch and I did look at them as well but as above the pelagos works better for me. 

• Like 1

Exactly, I find I don’t wear my aquaterra tonwork due to ocd of scratches on the polished surfaces. I’ll be putting it on a leather strap soon I imagine to encourage me to wear it more often. As it stands it’s a weekend watch. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Photobucket is not working again. Rubbish.

Photobucket is dead. Move to Imgur or Flickr. 

• Like 1

Also for those with a pelagos I have been shown an example of a very scratched strap being bought back to almost new condition with a ink eraser! Yup an ink eraser. Apparently it removes the surface layer that is oxidised and with it the surface scratches.

Love Tudors, especially the black bay and pelagos and I reckon sooner rather than later I'll buy myself one, it's just... That bloody minute hand drives me nuts, I hate it. Would it stop me buying one, no of course not but it really does spoil an otherwise perfect watch imo

11 hours ago, JonnyOldBoy said:

or pay a fiver for gallery function on here ... :thumbsup:

Yes i second this motion however I cant seem to upload pics from my phone even though I'm a gallery member and instead I have to use my laptop which is a bind. Instagram is quickest and best option for picture uploads on the go in my opinion.

• Like 1