• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Mr Levity

The sad passing of Mr Levity

Only just seen this Emily - - but thankyou for allowing us to share in your sorrow. He will indeed be missed here on the forum, especially by those of us who've been here a while and shared his posts and wisdom.

• Like 2

Emily, As a relatively new member I never knew Mr Levity personally. My condolences go out to you and your family, and his friends here on TWF.

5 hours ago, Mr Levity said:

This is Mr Levity's (Dani's) daughter - I am very sad to inform everyone that my Dad passed away on Friday 1st December - he had a brain hemorrhage and was rushed to hospital but there was nothing they could do for him. He was kept on a ventilator until we could get there to say our final goodbyes.

I am writing here (I hope this is the right page I have posted on) as I know how much time he spent on this forum and dedicating his time to the world of watches, and how regularly he posted updates and photos.

For anyone who would like to attend the funeral and pay their respects, you are more than welcome - it is being held on Thursday 28th December at 2pm, at the Colchester Crematorium.

In memory of my Dad, we will be gratefully collecting donations for 2 charities - National Animal Welfare Trust Clacton, and The Farleigh Hospice (which are currently caring for Dani's stepdad).

For any further information, my email address is: ebarker1996@gmail.com

Best Wishes,

Emily

Hi Emily,

It is very kind of you to let the forum know about this sad news. I lost my wife to Motor Neurone Disease on the same day but 11 years ago. It is never easy to lose a loved one but hopefully your Dad did not suffer and eventually you will be able to take comfort from that.

I had a look at the Farleigh Hospice web site and when you donate it does ask if it is memory of someone and asks for their name. Could you please let us know what name we should use for donations.

This is always a particularly bad time of year to suffer a loss but I am sure that your Dad would want everyone to celebrate Xmas and New Year, especially if there are grandchildren around.

Best wishes to you and your family.

• Like 1

Not long in from work.....And just read this thread.

Very sorry to hear this, please accept my condolences, to you and your family.

10 hours ago, Mr Levity said:

This is Mr Levity's (Dani's) daughter - I am very sad to inform everyone that my Dad passed away on Friday 1st December - he had a brain hemorrhage and was rushed to hospital but there was nothing they could do for him. He was kept on a ventilator until we could get there to say our final goodbyes.

I am writing here (I hope this is the right page I have posted on) as I know how much time he spent on this forum and dedicating his time to the world of watches, and how regularly he posted updates and photos.

For anyone who would like to attend the funeral and pay their respects, you are more than welcome - it is being held on Thursday 28th December at 2pm, at the Colchester Crematorium.

In memory of my Dad, we will be gratefully collecting donations for 2 charities - National Animal Welfare Trust Clacton, and The Farleigh Hospice (which are currently caring for Dani's stepdad).

For any further information, my email address is: ebarker1996@gmail.com

Best Wishes,

Emily

Thank you for posting, Emily. I'll miss his posts. :( When users disappear we sometimes worry. Knowing that our friend has departed offers some closure, and I hope you'll accept all our thoughts and prayers for your family over this holiday season. If you need any assistance understanding your pop's watch collection, contact us (best choices: the owner, @Roy or moderators @Roger the Dodger @mach 0.0013137) for any question. This section of the forum is as good as any. 

Members: it's late tonight for you in the UK, but please join me later in raising a toast to the memories we have of @Mr Levity:drinks:

Edited by Chromejob
  • Like 7

Emily, Sorry to hear of your loss and my condolences to you and your family. 

Edited by Littlelegs
  • Like 1

Really sad news and so sorry about your loss.  Condolences to you and your family.  

• Like 1

I remember your dad when I first started on this forum and he was a very kind chap! Will be greatly missed on this forum. Condolences to you and your family!

I'd like to add my name to the many here that will miss your dad Emily and I wish you and the family my very best hope for the future.

I have also just (  1. Month )lost my Father so know what you and your family are /will be going through, Time is a healer, you will remember good/great memories .He will always be with you all in memory .thinking of you all  at this sad time .

Chocko/Philip 

Ah Shoite, I'll miss him and he'll leave a hole in the forum.

My deepest sympathies and sincerest condolences to those left behind to miss him.

Edited by Biker

So sorry to hear about his passing, I only knew him through the forum and he seemed like a really nice guy. He will be missed. 

Just seen this so sad He was liked and respected on here Emily my mam passed away same time last year.know how you feel