• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hello Watch Forum users,

My name is Jakob Martin, and I have founded the relatively new watch brand Clairette Watches.

We started by releasing two models at the beginning of the year and have now introduced two automatic models we intend to release on January 25th. Now we would like to get the feedback from the users of The Watch Forum!

We are at the beginning of our journey as watchmakers but feel that we have been successful with our new automatic watches. In the future, we have already started sketching on watches in a slightly higher "premium" segment where we use movements such as 2824-2 (Top Grade), Valjoux ETA 7750, Sellita SW300 or ETA 2894.

Then we will also have a release party in Stockholm, which you are more than welcome to. Sign up for the newsletter or follow us on Facebook to receive an invite. 

Brief information about our automatic watches:

Our latest collection might be brand new, but it captures the spirit of vintage watches from the 1950's. With attention to every detail we are moving closer towards traditional watchmaking by using automatic movements, stainless steel cases, domed hesalite crystals, organic leather straps and many other features. You could say we are vintage watch fanatics who want to share our excitement with you. 

My own interest started when I inherited my grandfather Heuer Carrera from the 60's and since then it has grown. With our new collection, we offer vintage-inspired watches with automatic watches at great prices. We use Miyota's renowned 9000-series automatic movements, hesalite glass, dauphine hands, painted sandblasted brass dial and vegetable leather from Tärnsjö Garveri.

Please read more here: http://kickstarter.clairettewatches.com 

Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

/JRM

calendar.jpg

date.jpg

movement.jpg

case.jpg

dial.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with "Sometimes it's Gus" about the calendar model with the twin registers - very nice. I am a sucker for Dauphine hands, especially in the hands of their master - Seiko - and they add to the appearance of your watch. The name, "Clairette," isn't a problem for me because when you have trawled your way through the brand names used in the 1950s and 1960s, it doesn't sound out of order. I suppose my only slight regret is that your watches don't say anything new, and do rely almost wholly on past design heritage. :)

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2017 at 15:36, Clairette Watches said:

dial.jpg

Nice, but as mentioned derivative. What for is the second pusher? 

Nice pieces, although the name erks me. Is it intended to resemble Glashutte when viewed at arm’s length?

Sounds a bit tampon-ish. 

• Haha 1

I had one of those - - with four legs on - - played 45 rpm's with the big hole adaptor, and 33 rpm LP's as well :tumbleweed:

Oh, wait - - that was a Dansette Record Player! :whistle:

• Haha 1

Neat! But ... I'm not fond of pushers that are hardly ever used. For a daily wear watch, the month will hardly ever need to be adjusted. :rolleyes: I've seen Seikos and others that have "hidden pushers," i.e. pushers that are flush with the watch case. That would be my recommendation. :yes:  

Oh, I KNOW, 28-day and 30-day months you'll adjust the month. So just set the watch to 1800 or 1900, set the date to 31, then advance to the next day. Set the watch, and you're done. No pusher needed, right? (I don't have one of these movements, so I could be wrong -- feel free to point it out. :huh:)

Edited by Chromejob