• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
RWP

Just Pick a Cheapy

4 hours ago, MIQ said:

Hamilton khaki , cheap and cheerful IMG_2030.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice watch, but Hamilton Khaki watches are NOT cheap

Difficult one, I have had quite a few this year. I will stick with the Parnis 200m dive watch, but the Parnis Marina Militare is also a bit tasty

kbegjsS.jpg

LAWuzgq.jpg

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, The Minute said:

That's a nice watch, but Hamilton Khaki watches are NOT cheap

Difficult one, I have had quite a few this year. I will stick with the Parnis 200m dive watch, but the Parnis Marina Militare is also a bit tasty

As per the OP, cheap is relative. Given a good watch will easily outlive you, I'd say that a £200-300 watch is very cheap in the grand scheme of things. That's how I tend to look at any of my "keepers". £1000 on an SMP might be more than some are willing to spend as a lump sum, but I look at that as £20 a year to wear a lovely watch until I die, and then pass it on in my will. Bargain! 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, hughlle said:

As per the OP, cheap is relative. Given a good watch will easily outlive you, I'd say that a £200-300 watch is very cheap in the grand scheme of things. That's how I tend to look at any of my "keepers". £1000 on an SMP might be more than some are willing to spend as a lump sum, but I look at that as £20 a year to wear a lovely watch until I die, and then pass it on in my will. Bargain! 

Servicing over the 50 years could cost you 2 to 3 times the original cost of the watch but I get your point.

• Like 1

Oh dear, where to begin. It's been a busy year on the cheapy front for me, mostly to feed my growing addiction to tinkering and re-luming. Do I really have to choose just one?

As the £1 Eaglemoss watches have already been mentioned, I'll go with the 57p Gearbest Special with it's DIY printed dial as the cheapest:

cqZ2fjG.jpg

However, I'm not too confident about it's long term viability, so perhaps I should go with this £7 chronograph instead, much better build quality;

8sTsyB4.jpg

On the other hand, that nifty Naviforce really comes into it's own after dark...

md6Pobb.jpg

...and I couldn't possibly forget the mighty Munsters...

AL2ENwa.jpg

Then again, there's always......too many more to mention, so I'd better stop there. Sorry, can't choose just one, you'll have to pick it yourself. :whistle:

• Like 2

best 'cheap' watch I ever bought by a mile was my 140 quid excalibur from argos superb

Image result for citizen excalibur

• Like 2

Ok as the Hamilton was not cheap enough will this do , unfortunately it feels too small on my wrist

And yes I have got a yellow onesie on

IMG_2432.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Nigelp said:

best 'cheap' watch I ever bought by a mile was my 140 quid excalibur from argos superb

Image result for citizen excalibur

You another one getting freebies from Argos? :biggrin::biggrin:

One of the cheapest watches must be @BondandBigM The right Rolex does not cost much taken over the yewars with final value.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, richy176 said:

One of the cheapest watches must be @BondandBigM The right Rolex does not cost much taken over the years with final value.

Correct

Have seen the prices they are asking for these old LV's

:huh:

It won't be the insurance money that Big M will do me in for and she'll just say watch........what watch

:laugh: :laugh:

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BondandBigM said:

Correct

It won't be the insurance money that Big M will do me in for and she'll just say watch........what watch

It was a forgone really its the classic sub shape bezel and all with a twist...finding one in single ownership since day one with verifiable lineage is almost impossible. Yours has and it is verifiable via internet postings i've checked. You may have almost a one of Mr Bond...given the number of possible marriages. I wanted an LV apart from yours they all seem a risky divorce. Well Done. 

Edited by Nigelp
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, richy176 said:

You another one getting freebies from Argos? :biggrin::biggrin:

One of the cheapest watches must be @BondandBigM The right Rolex does not cost much taken over the yewars with final value.

Oi.......I paid for mine thank you, still nearly 100 cheaper than Argos and good :whistle:

• Like 1

Easy choice for me, the famous (or infamous?) Ruskie looky-likey from Poundland, which cost... er... a pound :laugh:

20171128_161211

The drum kit in the background was also a real bargain, at 80 quid for a full set in near mint condition :thumbs_up:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Easy choice for me, the famous (or infamous?) Ruskie looky-likey from Poundland, which cost... er... a pound :laugh:

20171128_161211

The drum kit in the background was also a real bargain, at 80 quid for a full set in near mint condition :thumbs_up:

Glad I dont live next door to you..................I can just imagine what the noise is like when you are doing your Ginger Baker impression :notworthy: chose this as it is the final to your riff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chas g said:

Glad I dont live next door to you..................I can just imagine what the noise is like when you are doing your Ginger Baker impression :notworthy:

Ruthie got me a set of drum damper pads for Christmas (and a couple of drummer's tee shirts, and a cymbal stand that I wanted....) so the volume is a bit lower than before.  Still noisy, but not quite as bad.... :laughing2dw:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Ruthie got me a set of drum damper pads for Christmas (and a couple of drummer's tee shirts, and a cymbal stand that I wanted....) so the volume is a bit lower than before.  Still noisy, but not quite as bad.... :laughing2dw:

Can’t help it Davey.....I keep visualising Animal from the Muppets on the drums :)

with skis and less har.

Edited by RWP

I bought quite a few cheapies this year.  A couple of lovely HMT's, a wonderful Vostok Amphibia with Pepsi bezel and Zulu strap, the Braun AW-10 and Timex Marlin re-issues, a classic Casio LCD I only bought to rob it of its bracelet to fit an equally cheap Elektronika LCD, not to mention a "Ukraine Special" Sturmanskie Gagarin.  But the cheapie that I really like the most is the Indian Titan Edge, pre-owned from Ebay but not horrendously expensive new and something that's been on my shortlist for a long time.  The thinnest watch I've ever seen! The Second photo below is the Titan Edge stacked on top of a skinny Citizen Stiletto!

Titan%20EDGE.jpg

edgevstiletto.jpg

Edited by rhaythorne
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, BondandBigM said:

Correct

Its a better bet than buying Ladbrokes out much better 

https://www.ft.com/content/7a3ebfaa-db27-11e7-a039-c64b1c09b482

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RWP said:

Can’t help it Davey.....I keep visualising Animal from the Muppets on the drums :)

with skis and less har.

Predictably, one of my tee shirts has got an image of Animal... :whistle:   The other one has a slogan "Drums make me happy.  You, not so much!"  Brilliant! :laughing2dw:

• Haha 1