• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 100 posts and be a member for 365 days and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

What was your Christmas haul?

martyndarkly

Sorry for my lack of involvement recently. Work was very busy in the lead-up to the end of the year, then I went down sick with a nasty flu-bug that I'm only just recovering from. 

As such, my Christmas was something of a washout. So, I'm hoping you fine people will cheer me up by sharing photos of the various timepieces that Santa bestowed upon you. 

Who got what? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyndarkly said:

@Ullevi Very nice! Was that a long planned purchase, or do someone surprise you with it? 

I spotted it at my local watch shop about 4 weeks before Christmas, and Anne must've been feeling generous and offered to get it for me :clap:

Having said that, I had a CW C8 lined up for Christmas, but that has now been put back to April for my birthday :laugh:

My Christmas pressies were very much drum-related, with a cymbal stand I'd asked for, plus a set of drum dampeners (for everyone's sanity! :laugh:) and a couple of drum related tee shirts:

SSL21875

I must admit, it's nice to have another interest apart from watches.  Just ordered another new cymbal which will be delivered today, so I've now spent more on extra cymbals than the whole drum kit originally cost :laughing2dw:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Davey P good man! I have a Roland kit, which is popular in my house mainly because you can A) Turn it down! or B) Put it on headphones! I must admit it's gathering a bit of dust at the moment, I really must get going with learning how to play again. I had a go for the first time about a year ago on an acoustic kit though, and oh boy are they loud and just generally awesome!

6 minutes ago, martyndarkly said:

@Davey P Ha ha! Yep, I know that story. I've been a guitar player for about 30 years, and have bought and sold a ridiculous amount of gear over that time. Still can't pass a music shop without stopping to check out the guitars in the windows, and maybe picking up a pedal or two! 

I've tried guitars, but just couldn't get to grips with them.  I had an electric Fender Squier Strat for a while, then sold it and bought a Yamaha acoustic (still got that one), but deep down I've always wanted a drum kit but never had the space until recently.  I moved to a larger house a couple of years ago, and my home office is much bigger, so I've got room for a kit now and just bought a used set on impulse.  I've always thought I could play the drums, and it turns out I was right :thumbsup:

@Davey P Oooooo, a home studio. Now there's a dream. 

I've tried drums on a few occasions, mainly when I played in bands and our drummers would wander off during rehearsals. But, I just don't have the independent co-ordination to hold any kind of rhythm for longer than a few bars. 

I'm quite happy wailing away on the guitar though, and always enjoyed the ability to run around while playing. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I went to see Phil Collins many moons ago.   Went out the very next day and bought a kit.   Now sat with the guitar I cant play and the piano the kids cant play in the study.  Son can play his sax but doesnt yet realise the effect it could have on the girls so doesnt bother.

What a very unmusical family we are

2 hours ago, martyndarkly said:

@Davey P Here's one from the glory days! 

large.227270_19143836512_7200_n.jpg.1670e9198aeb9429fdbd733a53d3789f.jpg

Awesome.  Any commercial success back in the day?  * Does Ozzy Osbourne 'V' sign *

• Like 1