• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
HayWayne

Hello from sunny Milton Keynes

Ok, so maybe not sunny at the moment, but it's all swings and roundabouts...

The name's Wayne, HayWayne and for as long as I can remember I've loved watches. I remember my first digital watch, and how I used to end up with orange wrists as it would corrode, my first 'decent' watch (a Casio AQW-5 I think) and how devastated I was to find it smashed in the school PE room after a lesson. How I used to admire my Grandad's old watches, and how when he died I bought a Dreyfuss & Co 1946 as it reminded me of one he had. 

I now own about 20 of varying quality, and have changed some straps etc, but my fiancee bought me a book at Christmas 'Beginner Watchmaking - How to Build Your Very First Watch', which inspired me to buy some tools and have a go at some more 'adventurous' modifications.

Keen to discuss, learn and have some fun here. Nice to 'meet' you all.

Oh, and working at Cranfield University we have a precision engineering department, so who knows what treasures they may be able to provide!!!

• Like 3

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the TWF it a friendly forum. How about posting a few pictures of your collection and telling us about them. :thumbsup:

Cheers Martin 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Biker said:

Hello and welcome

24 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Cheers Martin

To be honest, I tend to either have photos on Facebook or Instagram - I just tried one hosting site, and as you can see, it didn't like it, so I had to just paste the link. I'll have a look at Flickr maybe.

24 minutes ago, martinzx said:

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the TWF it a friendly forum. How about posting a few pictures of your collection and telling us about them. :thumbsup:

Cheers Martin 

• Like 1