• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
HayWayne

Teeeny Omega

Might have bitten off more than I can chew.

Saw this, and bought it for a snip with a view to cleaning it up for my fiancee, but starting to worry that I'm a few years off being capable of getting it working/cased etc.

I think the year might be 1934 or a bit after that. You can get it cleaned up to some extent and it would look better. The movement parts shouldn't be a problem at first glance if cleaned in an ultrasonic.

You're gonna need a sub seconds hand... Did it come in a case or did you just buy this ? :laugh:

On 12/01/2018 at 15:03, antony said:

Gosh, it's an old one..

Aye, I thought that, but that was about as far as I got.... :-)

On 12/01/2018 at 15:59, gimli said:

I think the year might be 1934 or a bit after that. You can get it cleaned up to some extent and it would look better. The movement parts shouldn't be a problem at first glance if cleaned in an ultrasonic.

You're gonna need a sub seconds hand... Did it come in a case or did you just buy this ? :laugh:

Ah, cheers.

I tried the baby oil and cotton bud idea (read somewhere), and managed to snag and snap the hour hand...:-(

Literally just this, nothing else - just came in some bubble wrap.