• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hamilton & Inches Edinburgh

I took it along to H&I. One of their watch technicians took some time to examine the watch and even removed it from the case in the process. He felt sure that he'd be able to identify the mechanism maker but to his surprise had to admit to never having seen this maker before. He quoted a very reasonable price for servicing which I'll take him up on later in the year when he's quieter.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since my previous Thread on this subject has vanished into thin air??? I thought why not use the opportunity to re do it and add a lot more pictures.   I first bought a Hamilton & Inches

What a wonderful thread.  I for one appreciate the time & effort it takes to compile a thread, the research, pic's & posting can at times be exhausting, but  pleasurable nevertheless.

At last ! At last !

Hi

I registered just to reply to this thread!  As a fellow Edinburgher this was a very enjoyable read and great point of reference.  Do you know if they continue to sell H&I marked watches or only do so infrequently?  I saw one type advertised last year but it's vanished from their website and now there are no H&I brand watches on their site.  

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

My mate purchased one but had to ask a member of staff about the watch. She advised us that they have stopped making them, and were not displaying them after being challenged by Hamilton watches.  

As I say that is what she told us but I am unable to confirm this via any other source. On a plus note they were discounted.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 17/01/2021 at 21:14, Tacitus said:

Hi

I registered just to reply to this thread!  As a fellow Edinburgher this was a very enjoyable read and great point of reference.  Do you know if they continue to sell H&I marked watches or only do so infrequently?  I saw one type advertised last year but it's vanished from their website and now there are no H&I brand watches on their site.  

Thanks

Chris

Sorry for the delay in replying,  not been about on the forum much this year.

My understanding is that there may be a couple of the gents watches left, if you contact them and ask for Danny, he will keep you right if that is correct or not.

On 17/01/2021 at 22:07, Richy said:

My mate purchased one but had to ask a member of staff about the watch. She advised us that they have stopped making them, and were not displaying them after being challenged by Hamilton watches.  

As I say that is what she told us but I am unable to confirm this via any other source. On a plus note they were discounted.

It's my understanding that the company had a change of leadership about two years ago and since then the attitude was to focus just on Rolex and Patek. So they have lost every other watch brand they stocked. Omega, Zenith, Tudor, Panerai, Bremont, Chanel, Nomos, Urban Jurgensen (and Ironically) Hamilton. Worth checking there pre owned as there will probably be some new old stock kicking around.

The change in leadership also ment that the will to fight the trademark dispute with Hamilton (Swatch) died.

Despite the fact that H&I sold watches long before the original Hamilton watch company was even founded (forerunner of Swatch bought the rights to the name around 1970 ish so it's not even technically that old) 

• Like 1