• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

SHOES

bowie

11 minutes ago, WRENCH said:

I'll wait and see. One of them is the original version of the one worn by Tom Cruise in one of the X Men films.

Feature_X-Men3Cyclops-big.jpg

Its been "down the road" a few times, but that adds to the character

file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/jak-69er-2_2_large.png

Don't know whether that'll open or not.

Edited by Turpinr
Spelling

On 16/01/2018 at 11:23, WRENCH said:

I'll wait and see. One of them is the original version of the one worn by Tom Cruise in one of the X Men films.

Feature_X-Men3Cyclops-big.jpg

Its been "down the road" a few times, but that adds to the character. :laughing2dw:

He wore something similar in War of the Worlds, but has never done an X-Men movie.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chromejob said:

I went online last night to see if I was doing my brogues’ “bar lacing” wrong, learned in teh 80s. Yep. I had to redo it. How you you chums do it?

I do not run one side up directly to the top hole. That's a shoe store trick for braindead employees to prepare displays. :laugh:

Later,
William

• Like 1

normal_097FFBD2-FC08-4E1A-8664-FB125143B

See those shoes? Picture is about 14 years old so taken on a very ancient camera phone. They were my favourites - very comfortable. 

One day the wife and I were coming home from somewhere and I happened to step in a bit of dog poo. Being a bit of a clean freak, scraping them on the grass was not good enough for her so out came the marigolds and she set to work cleaning them with some type of chemical she keeps under the kitchen sink. Made a nice job too. Anyway, the next day I went out shopping on my own and blow me, halfway round the shopping centre I felt like there was something stuck to my shoe and flapping around. When I looked down, it was the complete sole and sole frame of the shoe coming off. The other shoe wasn’t much better. I had no choice other than to rip them both off as by now I was walking like I had a pair of flippers on my feet. Whatever she used to clean them the day before had obviously destroyed the glue that holds the sole frame onto the upper. I tell you, you try walking on a shoe with no sole or heel whist pissing yourself laughing! This was around the time of the Iraq war and copying the nickname of one of Saddams henchmen, my wife got the nickname 'Chemical Debbie' from the kids! 

Edited by Steve D UK

• 1 month later...

If ever there was a boot built to take a beating, its these,

500-90_large.png?v=1493132365

Blundstone 500's. I've had them for years. The soles wear longer than anything else, and they just last and last. Anyway, my current pair need replacing, so I bought something else, which have lasted 6 days. Lesson learned.

On 1/18/2018 at 22:29, BlueKnight said:

Tom Cruise never appeared in X-Men. You can correct me if I'm wrong.

As an aside (and back on the topic of shoes :)) - apparently Cheaney did very nicely when Cruise wore a pair of their Tenterden shoes in the Jack Reacher film (keeping true to the shoes the character wore in the original books by British author Lee Child) - shame the books have Reacher as being well over 6ft tall and built like the proverbial Brick Outhouse whereas Cruise is nearer 5ft his bare feet...

cheaney-tenterden-capped-derby-brogue-in

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

As an aside (and back on the topic of shoes :)) - apparently Cheaney did very nicely when Cruise wore a pair of their Tenterden shoes in the Jack Reacher film (keeping true to the shoes the character wore in the original books by British author Lee Child) - shame the books have Reacher as being well over 6ft tall and built like the proverbial Brick Outhouse whereas Cruise is nearer 5ft his bare feet...

cheaney-tenterden-capped-derby-brogue-in

Ooh, never knew that, and I've got a pair. Takes about the time for their first re-sole, to break in, if you do a lot of walking.

On 22/01/2018 at 05:04, William_Wilson said:

I do not run one side up directly to the top hole. That's a shoe store trick for braindead employees to prepare displays. :laugh:

Later,
William

:laugh: :laugh:

My first Saturday job back in the early 70's when I was 14 or so was in a shoe shop. And yep you've guessed it, lacing up so you couldn't see the laces was the first thing they showed me how to do.

Hundreds of pairs !!

It was a proper old school shop and the ladies department used to sell matching sets of hand made shoes, handbags, scarf's and gloves. 

I was the only boy that worked there and a few of the older women that worked there had my life every Saturday 

:huh:

They wouldn't get away with it these days. I never complained though.

:laugh: :laugh:

The kids department even had an xray machine so you could see if the shoes fitted properly and unlike today shoes were sold in various widths.

I used to get two quid a day and if business was good the owner would throw in another fifty pence or maybe a quid as a bonus

:biggrin:

Edited by BondandBigM
  • Like 1