• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Pacemasters_Evgeny

Introducing PaceMasters - F1 Racing inspired watches

Hello Gents,

my name is Evgeny and I am the founder of PaceMasters Watches

We are a young yet ambition company, who specializes in racing-inspired watches.

Our first project - Paddock Chronograph - is a Formula 1 racing inspired mecha-quartz chronograph powered by SII VK67 movement. It has a completely original design, and there are some unique racing parts which we wanted to implement in it, like a Pit Board with different signs which enframes the date window, start grid and Pole position marks on the chapter ring, and a carbon fiber layer as part of the multi-layered dial. We wanted to make something unique and really took our time to design it all from scratch. The design team consist of two great professionals: one is a watchmaker with many projects behind, another one is a car designer from Berlin, who helped us a lot to find our style.

We have many visuals, design descriptions, as well as development story in the blog, and I would appreciate your comments, as watch-enthusiasts, if we managed to do it right.

Please feel free to comment and ask questions and also check out more details on the website at www.pace-masters.com

Black_2.jpg

Black_1.jpg

Silver_1.jpg

case_exploded.jpg

Pole2.jpg

not bad, like the use of carbon/ dial, yep need a indication of price like richy says, reminds me a little  of chopards ( no offence :biggrin:)

deano

The design is far from the worst I've seen, although green is always a bit of a marmite colour with watches it seems. It certainly aids readability in the colour chosen, but it is just way too neon for me, and I'm one who does like green on a watch. 

The date window stuff though.. Huge turn off for me, looks completely naff. I see nothing wrong with a watch having a racing or other inspiration, but that is taking it too far imo

2 minutes ago, hughlle said:

The design is far from the worst I've seen, although green is always a bit of a marmite colour with watches it seems. It certainly aids readability in the colour chosen, but it is just way too neon for me, and I'm one who does like green on a watch. 

Er, that looks yellow on my laptop screen, not green.  One of us needs to check their monitor calibration mate (clue: It's you :laugh:)

Back to the OP, it's a nice looking watch but I'm struggling to see how it can be described as "a completely original design".  However, would I wear one?  Yep, definitely. I wonder how much they are...? :whistle: :laughing2dw:

• Like 1

Well that's me proved wrong! Always look at these threads and think not another one!! And usually the product offered doesn't appeal to me in the least.But then I saw the first picture and thought mmm that looks different and nice. Interesting web site very informative, but without a price point it's hard to fully judge wether it's VFM or another one that passes me by.

12 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Er, that looks yellow on my laptop screen, not green.  One of us needs to check their monitor calibration mate (clue: It's you :laugh:)

Back to the OP, it's a nice looking watch but I'm struggling to see how it can be described as "a completely original design".  However, would I wear one?  Yep, definitely. I wonder how much they are...? :whistle: :laughing2dw:

Looks slime/neon green on my S7

They describe it as acid yellow on their page. Maybe I should visit the opticians! 

I am adament! It is green! http://www.colorhexa.com/96a114

Edited by hughlle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, hughlle said:

Looks slime/neon green on my S7

They describe it as acid yellow on their page. Maybe I should visit the opticians! 

I am adament! It is green! http://www.colorhexa.com/96a114

Ha ha, you win mate (in other words, we will have to agree to disagree, but I am definitely right) :laugh:

2 minutes ago, Davey P said:

Ha ha, you win mate (in other words, we will have to agree to disagree, but I am definitely right) :laugh:

Well I did an online test and it said I wasn't colour blind :D I'm genuinely interested to hear what others think though. It just looks like a (painful) hue of green to me. 

3 minutes ago, hughlle said:

It just looks like a (painful) hue of green to me. 

That's weird, because to me it looks very much like..... "acid yellow" :yahoo:

Now that we've clearly established I have won, what's my prize? :whistling:

5 minutes ago, hughlle said:

Oh wait, you might like quartz but I believe you still have a modicum of good taste :p 

My worst nightmare, bloody NATOs should all be burned :laughing2dw:

• Like 4

Just now, Davey P said:

My worst nightmare, bloody NATOs should all be burned :laughing2dw:

No disagreement. Just going to flog them as a job lot for £20. Worst purchase ever! 

1 minute ago, hughlle said:

No disagreement. Just going to flog them as a job lot for £20. Worst purchase ever! 

Well, I suppose they're not that bad for 20p... oh wait, 20 QUID??? (Actually a pretty good bargain if you like that sort of thing, so they should be gone in no time...) :tongue:

• Haha 1

I wear wool jumpers leather shoes and a double breasted overcoat. Something tells me I should have known they weren't for me :crazy5vh:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, hughlle said:

Take your pick.

20180115_153135.jpg

Oh wait, you might like quartz but I believe you still have a modicum of good taste :p 

My Momma told me told me "if you have nothing NICE to say,Don't say anything" (can a make a Vomiting sound?)

8 minutes ago, thegreentreefrog said:

My Momma told me told me "if you have nothing NICE to say,Don't say anything" (can a make a Vomiting sound?)

My dear departed Mum always used to say "people respect you for being honest" :laughing2dw:

It looks yellow on my screen but erring to the side of a slightly fluorescent yellow. Similar to that used by Valentino Rossi for his bike number, makes a difference if you change your screen brightness from low to high. Nice watch by the way. I would like to see the yellow bits in other colours as I don't like yellow on watches. Sorry, I know you always get one. I don't have anything against yellow as a colour, I don't even know why I don't like it on watches, I just don't. :) 

I like the watch, but please remove the adornment around the date. Racing is all about removing all nonsense and focusing on functional excellence to get you that slight edge. A watch that has extraneous nonsense to me says “fake.”

Looks cool I think but if that’s a date and not a lap measurement complication it needs to go. Also, a racer driver has no need for a date window :biggrin:

Nice watch though. I’d probably wear one.... happy to test one out and review it OP?

On 16/01/2018 at 16:03, Pacemasters_Evgeny said:

Black_2.jpg

Black_1.jpg

Silver_1.jpg

case_exploded.jpg

Pole2.jpg

Back to the watch. I absolutely love it! The font and markings are very reminiscent of F1, the start markers are inspired and the I adore the lap sign around the date. It made me smile and say “oh wow, I like that!”.

It’s the first watch I’ve seen in this section to do that, and I’m not even an F1 fan. 

I’m guessing it’ll be around the £350 mark (without researching further), is that about right?

• Like 2

I think I’ll go for this one as fitting a straight end bracelet like a Strapcode Engineer will be simple and effective. 

CDg4QeY.jpg

• Like 1