• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
scottyDog

Tag Heuer Aquaracer Crown Replacement

Hi Simon

My Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAN2110 crown does not screw onto the watch, I've bought a replacement crown and intend to replace it myself, is there anything I need to be aware of before starting this task like buying a new stem or known difficulties removing/replacing the crown and stem.

Many Thanks.

With the old crown/ stem removed it will pay you to check the new crown on the pendant tube before you proceed, as it may be the threads on the pendant tube and not the crown that are the problem 

• Thanks 1

I stripped the watch down and noticed the Balance wheel stopped when held at certain angles... so had to send it for full service and repair... £360 expected cost.. I'll update this when I get the watch back.

Just received a letter from TAG saying since the last service qoute the feet have come off the dail and a new dial is £175 extra... that's now £525 to fix the watch... not sure what to do? any idea's (Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAN2110) only worth £800 on ebay.. two options are: Sell as is on ebay cheap or Pay for the repair.. don't think I want to keep the watch either way.