• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.
Sign in to follow this  
Always"watching"

Eastbourne Now has THREE Watch Repair Outlets

Eastbourne in East Sussex now has three places in the town centre where you can take watches for repair or other things such as new batteries and straps.

I have mentioned two of them previously on the Forum, with good reports for both. These are W. E. Clark & Son in Langney Road, and another outlet in the Enterprise Centre run by a relative of Jack Brabham, also with the surname of the racing driver. The new arrival is "Watchit!" - a small shop at 30 Trinity Trees opposite T. J. Hughes. I visited this shop today and can tell you that for the usual requirements, they are reasonably priced and always fit Renata batteries. As for repairs, the proprietor uses a retired watchmaker and takes repairs in. I have no reports either way on how good their repair service is, but the shop is interesting in that it has a small stock of pre-owned watches for sale including mechanical examples.