• Sign Up to reply and join the friendliest Watch Forum on the web. Stick around, get to 50 posts and gain access to your full profile and additional features such as a personal messaging system, chat room and the sales forum PLUS the chance to enter our regular giveaways.

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone has any experience with glycine watches after Invicta watch company acquired glycine? 

I’m not a fan of Invicta at all I wouldn’t put any of their watches on my wrist they tend to be to brash and oversized but there is a few glycine watches I would love to buy in the future but the fact Invicta own them is putting me off does anyone know if they have any involvement in the making of the glycines and have they made any changes to the movements or aesthetics of the watches the only change I can see is that the glycine sign under the 12 o’clock now has wings.

im no expert on watches so if there is anyone on here who knows of any changes since the Invicta takeover if you could let me know the pros cons I would be very greatful 

I understand they changed the logo on their dials prior to the Invicta purchase, the newer logo looked a lot like the Emperio Armani fashion logo. Yuck. You may still find older models for sale, there was quite a markdown blitz on Amazon last year.

Has the logo changed again? I’m not sure.

Watch Shop and Iguana Sell UK sell them.

I've not heard of any changes to the overall build quality or movements. I thought Invicta was leaving Glycine alone to continue doing what they do, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Must admit, I'm not a fan of the new logo with the 'Invicta' wings.

The wings cheapen the look of the watches I think out of every watch company in the world Invicta had to buy glycine I think chromejobs sugestion of buying a older secondhand model pre Invicta would be the best way forward 

I'll paste a few things I've written before:

"My particular one was manufactured after Invicta took over, and I'm sorry to say that although the time-keeping is stellar, the fit and finish of the watch, and the bracelet in particular, is a little disappointing. My Victorinox and Certina watches have better quality bracelets. I suspect Invicta have cut manufacturing costs, and quality has suffered." Seriously, one of the links on my watch is so poorly machined that it catches on the edge of the end-link as it swivels! This is unbelievable.

To clarify, I have the 42mm Combat Sub with red bezel on an oyster bracelet. The fit and finish of the watch is not up to what one would expect of a Swiss watch with an RRP over £700. I have watches that cost a lot less that are better finished. All the good things I've read about Glycine to date leads me to believe that the quality has suffered since Invicta took over. There's no way they could have garnered such a following if they were always like this.

Something in the manufacturing is definitely different after the buyout. Glycine watches used to have the serial number etched between the lugs. Mine doesn't. I suspect they're now manufactured at a different facility, using cheaper tooling.

I can't rule out the possibility that Jomashop are selling fakes. I'm hoping some other recent Glycine buyers will contribute to this thread so we can all get a better idea.

• Like 2

It’s a shame to here the workmanship has gone a bit down hill I do like the combat subs but the airman range are the best looking out of glycines whole collection but I can’t justify spending all that money on something that’s not guaranteed quality 

Others have advised (and I agree) that your best bet would be to look out for a pre-owned model from before the Invicta buyout. I wish I'd done that. You'll also get the old logo which was nicer.  I hope you'll learn from my mistake!

I had one of the pre-Invicta Combat Subs and it was 100% quality so maybe Invicta are ruining them :(

It would be a crying shame if Glycine were forced down the cheap and nasty road that Invicta themselves have trodden for so long

• Like 3